I won't say I'm in love

Victoria, well what can I say about her? I never had a problem with her, we were inseparable, but everything started to change the minute my big brother's second best friend showed at my house, that very instant my world took a turn, I don't know if it was for the best or the worst.

I met Derek when my brother decided to study medicine and be a paramedic, every Thursday he brought his friend to the studio and never came out until they knew everything from memory.

  I never got a glimpse of Derek until one Thursday night when they ran out of food, and he went down to get some more.

Of course, me being me (clumsy, awkward, and always hungry) went to the kitchen for some snacks and that's when I saw him for the very first time... My heart stopped. 

My cookies fell to the floor, and I slipped (If you were wondering, yes, I did hit the floor, and yes it did hurt like hell)

My cookies fell to the floor, and I slipped (If you were wondering, yes, I did hit the floor, and yes it did hurt like hell). That little yelp I let out, the dish crashing to the floor and the sound of my body hitting the floor was probably what made Derek turn from the fridge to where my body was lying.

The boy that was looking down at me with amusement and concern was the most handsome boy to ever cross my eyes. Deep olive eyes, freckles covering his tanned face and dark brown hair... Yeah, I was gone by now.

I was so shocked I couldn't hear a word coming out of his lips, and a hand reaching out for me to take it; I froze until Derek let out a little laugh that's when I came back to earth.

"Are you okay?" he repeated for probably the tenth time, God his voice was deep and full of amusement, I just nodded and took his hand (did I mentioned he was strong?, no? Well, now you know).

 After that little 'not so embarrassing' scene he helped me clean the kitchen and my wounds from the broken dish. I grabbed more cookies from the pantry and dashed out the kitchen straight up to my room, grabbed my phone and called Victoria filling her in every little detail of my new found crush, 

I guess that was a mistake since the very next Friday she came to my house waiting to meet the one and only Derek. And guess what? He was there with James studying all day.