Introduction

Hosted by bookworminalibrary

In Partnership With freementalillnesswp 

Hey there everyone, Khael here. So I recently came up with this idea that's all about mental disorders. No, it's not as skin deep 'crazy' or whatever the hell social media's been feeding your brains, but actual, clinically prescribed mental disorders. Not only that, but it has been expanded to mental illnesses or diseases as well.

The reason why I suddenly thought of this is because I've honestly been interested in the minds of those suffering from mental disorders and the like. (Mostly murderers and psychopaths given that I'm a horror writer/nerd. Also, though, because dear friends of mine have them as well.) I've always wanted to know how those minds think, how they process things differently (if ever). I just wanted to understand so that I can help others understand too instead of just ostracizing those who have different thought patterns. For example, when I'm on social media, I sometimes see people berating or making fun of serious disorders or diseases, or calling people with them 'freaks', and that just makes my blood boil. Who even gave these people the right to do that?

Anyway, the idea here is that you should write a short story about a person (or group of people, up to you) dealing with their mental disorders or diseases. There's no word limit, story format, or anything, just that the mental disorder or disease you're using is legitimate and that you fully understand what it is. (Like the symptoms, effects, etc.) Seriously, you better know what you're talking about.

The main themes are VENI, VIDI, VICI: I came , I saw, I conquered and mental disorders or diseases. This evidently means that the character has either gotten past the disorder or disease and is looking back at it, or is trying to conquer it. It's literally all up to you though, just make sure you follow the main-main/more major theme of mental disorders or diseases.

So, I challenge your understanding and empathy towards those with mental disorders or diseases. Do you accept?