Chapter 6: Ghost girl and Jack

Veronica P.O.V

I got the job. Funny thing is, I didn't do anything. I went to the store and asked someone for an interview. They brought me to a room and started to ask for my license and permit for working. When I told them I was a high school student, they made me pull out my school i.d. Which I had before I died.

They were probably doubting me, but then the same blue-eyed worker from before stood up for me.

And here I am now, being taught by the boy. "Soo.... which school do you go to?" He asked while showing me how to stock the cupcakes. I shrugged my shoulders. "Actually I just moved here, so I have no idea where I'll be going." I said looking down as he looked up.

"Ooh. I see. Then what about coming to my school?" He asked with a grin. I smiled back and nodded.

"Ookkk cool. So I'll send you the adress and you can check it out." He said carrying the now empty cupcake tray.

I thanked him and continued the job. As the hours passed by, I stocked the candy, learned how to clean up messes and actually got to work at the cash register, even though I wasn't 18 left.

Work was fun. But hard. As I finished with work and put up my costume, the same boy walked up to me. "By the way, I'm Jack." He said holding out his hand. I smiled and shook it.

"Kind of late. But hey, I'm Veronica." I said happily. Jack looked at me with wide eyes. "Veronica the girl who was murdered?!" He said with wide eyes.

I quickly shook my head and laughed. "No, we just have lots in common. We're both albinoes, with the same name. And last name. And parents." I grew unsure of my actung, but Jack laughed. "I was kidding."

I stared and quickly laughed. "Haha sorry I'm so stupid."

He laughed back but got up and grabbed his stuff and waved. I waved back with a content sigh.

School is my next big challenge.