Chapter 4 Forgotten Memories

Disclaimer: Okay! I have been absent this past way many months but now I'm posting this new chapter here since my muse has been bothering me this past few days already and maybe we should also cross our fingers that i would be able to post chapter 5 next week. So let's just continue this story.

-Start of this chapter -

October 5, 1989

GASP!

"Wha... What?" came a groggy reply from a very small child who is lying in the floor.

"Lander, why are you sleeping in the floor?" said the voice from his left. His vision is still blurry and he is having a hard time focusing on who was speaking to him in that instant.

"Lander, it's me Headmistress Lina, why are you sleeping in here?" her voice is full of unconcealed concern for this child.

Lander's head slowly cleared and he saw the slightly frowning face of headmistress Lina slightly leaning. He wanted to answer her questions but he came up empty. He didn't know why he was in the floor. He didn't know why he was there. He tried searching his memory but he really doesn't remember.

"I don't know why I'm here Headmistress" he scratched the side of his head wondering what he was doing there.

Headmistress Lina wanted to scold the child but as she gaze on the face of Lander she really feels that the child is not lying to her and it seems that he really does not know why he was there in the first place.

She grasp Lander's small hands and gently helped him stood up. She pats his wrinkled clothes to also dispel any dust that clung to the child's shirt. She gently sigh in defeat . "What am I gonna do with you, Lander?"

Lander can feel the disappointment coming from his Headmistress. He really wanted to reason out with her and say that it was really not his fault since he really don't know what happen but he chooses not to say anything in fear that it will only aggravate the Headmistress more.

"I'm sorry Headmistress" Lander pouted.

"I'm not angry with you Lander", the Headmistress slightly giggled on his antics.

"Eh? Really?"

"Of course not! But I'm worried that you'll feel ill because of this. You're birthday is coming but if you get sick then how can we celebrate it?" she gently reminded the child. Even if she really wanted to scold Lander she really can't since she has a soft spot for him.

"I don't easily get sick, Headmistress. Don't worry" he grinned while assuring her.

"Oh really?" she gave him a doubtful look totally stating what she already think on what he was saying to her.

Lander nodded his head excitedly. He even gave her a boy scout hand gesture.

Lina sigh exasperatedly on Lander's antics. This scenario is not new to her. This kid never learns. Sigh! "How about that time when you fell in the tree you where you said that you will not surely fall?"

Lander smiled bashfully at her and scratch his head.

"Well it was one time!" He flashed his infamous smile again.

Sigh! "Then what about that time when you wanted to take a bath on the rain? What happened after you actually did it?"

Lander actually blushed when he remembered that incident. He pouted his lips just remembering it. Aw! It was because I like the rain so much I forgot the time.

Seeing Lander's unrepentant face, Lina has to bring the big guns.

"Then that time you accidentally cut the water hose because you like playing with the scissors which I remember telling you not to touch."

Lander's face and ears started getting redder. His hands are clenched stubbornly on his side. In Lina's eyes this temper tantrum is one of the best memories they have together. He looked liked a volcano ready to erupt any given moment.

"Then that time . . . " she tried continuing her prank on Lander.

"Ok! Ok!" Lander stomped his feet. His face looking totally scandalized.

Lina tried keeping her laughter in. "Wasn't that all you?"

"It was not!" He tried denying all the mentioned facts even if his face totally betrays him.

"Oh really?" Lina raised her brows on him to show him how doubtful she was. She slowly leaned at him knowing this stance totally crumbles any stubbornness left on the child. At this point she could never stopped her laughter. She started snorting and few seconds later pure belly laugh could be heard in the hallways.

"Okay, some of it but definitely not all" hearing the Headmistress laughing at him Lander tried pouting but in the end it he still laughed with his Headmistress.

"Hahahaha..okay! Now off you go to the kitchen to eat your breakfast. You're late again!" she tried scolding him.

"Okay, I'm going now Headmistress!" Lander smiled and gave a wave to Lina.

Hmmn.. Why I'm here again? Oh well if I can't remember then its not important right? That was what Mr. Parker always says and if I remember then its good if not it's still ok for me. But I think I should remember it. But for now off to the kitchen. I'm hungry!

Headmistress Lina followed Lander with her gaze. The smile on her face slowly dropped after Lander disappeared in the corridor. She sighed and started to walk in the direction in the office when she notice the spot next to where Lander slept.

She didn't notice it earlier for her eyes immediately zoomed towards Lander but there is actually few crusted mud. Her brows frowned with puzzlement. What is this mud doing in here? Is it hallways clean when last night? I should know I passed by here. Is it Lander again? But I didn't see any mud on that kid's clothes. Wrinkled Yes! but clean so why is this here?

When she stood she can't help herself from gasping from what she saw. Sitting or squatting the form is actually not visible at all. But standing up the mud actually has a form. It's a body laying like its laying down facing the left side. She tried rubbing her eyes making sure her imagination is not making it up. The hairs on her arms stood up. She clearly remembers that Lander was facing the right side. If you put it together it looked like someone slept with Lander here last night. She's not sure what it is but it does looked like an adult. An adult female full of mud. She again shuddered on what her mind is telling her.

Maybe I'm just imagining it. I'm just tired. I'll ask Lander again later was her mantra while she took her leave. Going to her room instead of her office. She needs rest if she's thinking of this weird things. Before turning in a corner she gave it a last glance no matter what she reasoned there is still a part of her brain telling her that it really does look like a woman full of mud, a woman which was with Lander sleeping on the floor last night. Is she human? Was the fleeting question which fleeted on her brain before she shook it totally dispelling it.

- End of this chapter -

Okay! That's it everyone. Hopefully my muse is still with me next week.