1.NOSTALGIA STRIKES

It was all hub-hub and excitement in the director's cabin of the company with high reputation. A company whose name brought envy to every opponent in the market.
            "Where is the file of project 4A? ",Vandana asked, trying to search for the file in the big pile up of documents. She paused to pull back a strand of hair blocking her vision and continued her quest.
          From a small distance behind her stood a man, he was in his early 20's. He stared at Vandana as she tried to pull away a strand of hair. Leaning against the glass door of the cabin he looked at the tall, beautiful girl. He smiled as the gentle rays of the sun alighted upon her face, increasing her charisma. He almost fell over as his object of adoration suddenly turned. "Nand!!!! Where the heck is the file!? Ma'am is gonna kill me if I don't keep it on her table...... Nand!!!!..... ",she called out, walking towards him. She shook him by his shirt. He felt as though he was being transported to another world. The sound of the gong clock brought him back.
                  "Ha... What.. Where.. Which? ",he fumbled, as butterflies in his stomach stopped fluttering.  "Project 4A of SNM",she retorted quickly looking at him, hoping he would help. Upon that, swiftly entering the cabin, Nand pulled out a file from the big pile of documents. He smiled triumphantly, waving the file to announce his victory. He looked at Vandana, whose smile slowly faded. Her hand went up as she hit herself on her forehand. On getting that reaction , Nand looked to his right. The huge tower of files had crumbled over as he had shaked it's very base.
"You are just impossible.... "she snapped at him as he joined hands to re-arrange the file back in place. She re-arranged the files as he started to stare. 'gorgeous ',he thought as he saw
her from a distance of 4-5 inches. He opened his mouth to say something, but the sound of footsteps brought him back to his senses.
             The sound of brisk footsteps,by high-heeled sandals on the marble floor was unmistakable one. It announced the arrival of a confident young woman on whose shoulders the entire company fell upon. She adjusted her spectacles as she walked. Her high ponytail complimented her grey shirt and her black jeans. She reached to her cabin and pulled open the door.
                The scene in the cabin was now changed. The Duo had managed to clear up the mess before their madam entered. They stood by the corner, waiting for instructions. "Good morning "Vandana said cheerfully as the young lady approached her seat. "Good morning Vandana. Good morning Nand",she replied loud and clear as she sat down to work.
                  "What's up for today and where is the file I asked for? ",she questioned as Nand handed over the file to her. Vandana twitched nervously as their madam was known to be strict. She then instructed work to both of them. The two whispered to each other as they left the MD's cabin. She smiled at their silhouettes as they moved on. She smiled gently, looking at their bonding. Her smile faded as nostalgia took control of her mind. She closed her eyes and leaned back on her seat. One by one,memories boarded ..as if a database was trying to retrieve old data data. She heard those soft giggles, that tinkle of anklets, that familiar sound of footsteps, those empty hallways, that familiar fragrance, the deep voice that always brought her heart flutters, that dollar, his dollar........................
        She pressed her eyes as her eyelids tried to suppress that small tear which tried to escape from the beautiful lake her eyes were. She slowly leaned forward and reminded herself about the work at hand. Taking the file in her hand she started examining the company's expenses. But there was no one to examine how much her heart was spending to stop itself from drowning in those rambling conversations all over again............