BH 5

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.” Letting her pull up a chair at the table. Ever since then we have become like sisters, we go out together. Party and even help each other out with men. We were going to get separate places, but living together seemed to be working out wonderfully. And since the mortgage was being paid three ways, we didn’t see the point. We lived like princesses, ate whatever we want, went and did just the same. We all had our hobbies, Josie would blow god knows how much money at the best stores in town, while I bought new car parts.

    Trish was into spoiling her nieces and taking them out. She came from a good family, unlike me a Josie. Trish had a mother and father, no siblings. Her mother was a caretaker while her father was a layer for some over priced firm. He was a respectable man, and had taught his daughter the laws. We got to meet him one year for Christmas, since my family went on a trip to Hawaii, and Josie couldn’t see her self going to Christmas dinner with her father and his new fling. Trish’s family was more then happy to have us, and we even received presents, which made us blush.

    Now after so many years of being together, we don’t hide anything from each other. I look after them like I would my baby brother. If anything were to happen to them, I think I would loose it. Flipping threw the clothes, I grabbed a few long sleeve shirts. Mostly all are plaid in color, a few work jeans and a new pair of black boots. A heavy jacket, and some thermal under garments. Pulling out a new credit card, I activated it. Trish would of cancelled our normal cards, and we keep the non activated ones in case something like this happens.

    Paying I took the bags outside, dropping them next to the only pay phone in the whole town. Calling with two rings I hang up, wait a few minutes then call a different number Trish picks up on the first ring.

    “Damn I was wondering when I was going to hear from you” Sighing, she sounds tired.

    “Yea sorry, been a bit busy. You took care of the cards right?”

    “Yea, everything’s gone. I unloaded the files with Josie. When are you returning?”

    “Not for a while. Take a vacation if you will.”

    “Ha great, cause my job is so fucking hard” Giggling, I can hear Josie in the background.

    “Is that her?” She yells.

    “Yes” Trish answers as the phone is scuffled.

    “Ray what the hell happened?” Josie asks, sounding of the annoyed blonde I love.

    “Charles is what happened” She growls.

    “Hate that little prick, can’t we just shoot his ass. And be one with him?”

    “No Josie, that’s not how we work. Take a vacation. Go sun bathing or shopping. I’ll be here for a while, till I can think of a better plan.” Running my fingers over my hair.

    “Fine, but if we agree to shoot his ass I get first shot”

    “Deal” nodding as if we really would shoot him.

Hanging up I headed back to Derek’s truck. He wasn’t there yet, so I loaded everything in. He must till be ordering feed, he works on a cattle farm. Walking across the street, I open the glass door hearing the loud cow bell over head.

    “Hi can I…ohh Ray” The elderly woman behind the desk is Miss Linda.

    “Hi Miss Linda, have you see Derek?”

    “Oh yes, he’s out back love”

    “Thanks” Smiling I head to the back. The large industrially sized building holds everything from cow to duck feed. The smell of hay and bags of grain that have split open fill my nose. it’s a smell I have grown to miss, its clean and pure. Just like the animals who eat it. A few farm cats wander around, making sure no mice dare open more bags. There talking with the loader is Derek.