❤ Prologue ❤

"Dirtbag!" Jade sneers as she "accidentally" bumps Louis into the locker. Louis grunts, his books falling to the floor. He looks in the direction where Jade had walked away to see Harry Styles looking at him, eyes full of guilt as Jade grabs his elbow and drags him away. His heart flutters at the way Harry looked at him, a sliver of hope in his heart.

But, who is he kidding? He's just a dirtbag. Nobody in their right minds would want to be with him (at least, that's what Danielle Campbell said when he asked her out in year seven).

"You alright, mate?" Zayn asks as he bends down to help Louis pick up his things. Louis sighs and nods, shoving his books into his rucksack before grabbing his skateboard out of his locker.

"Look at him, Zee," Louis sighs, leaning against his locker. Zayn follows his gaze, looking over to see Harry Styles leaning against his own locker, his boyfriend Nick standing in front of him. Nick was playing with the hem of Harry's short pink skirt, making Harry bite his lip, obviously uncomfortable. He grabbed Nick's hand and pushed it away, the sleeves to his sweater going over his own hands. His white tube socks go halfway up his calves, grey Keds looking half the size of Louis' Vans.

"You don't have a chance, Lou," Zayn says truthfully. "He's the most popular person in the school."

"I know," Louis whines, leaning his head against the locker, the metal making a small banging sound that echoes through the hallway. Harry looks over toward the noise, giving Louis a small smile when they make eye contact as Nick talks about some footie game obnoxiously loudly.

"Let's go, yeah?" Zayn says, nodding toward the door with his own skateboard tucked under his arm. Louis sighs and nods, standing up straight and following Zayn to the main doors. He can feel everyone's eyes on him, nasty whispers about the holes in his shirt and the rips in his jeans as he walks by. He ignores it, though, and glances at Harry Styles and his pretty pink skirt one more time before exiting the school.

"I heard Nick Grimshaw is cheating on Harry Styles," Louis hears from the booth behind him, the voice sounding like Ellie Goulding, who was a year younger than Louis. It's normal for kids to meet at Nando's after school, it being a popular hangout for their school.

"Poor thing," Another voice, probably Ed Sheeran, says. "He's a sweet kid. He doesn't deserve that."

Louis looks across the table to Zayn to see if he's catching the conversation, but Zayn seems too caught up in his mobile to even pay attention to his surroundings.

He's angry, honestly. He knows Harry is in an unhealthy relationship, and he should definitely be with someone who treats him right. If Louis had Harry, he'd treat him like the princess he is, and never let him go.

"I know," Ellie continues, and Louis tries his best to look as though he's not listening. "Harry's so nice, he's a cutie. It'll be a shame when he realises how much of a scumbag Nick is."

Louis hears Ed hush her as Harry and Nick walk into the restaurant. Nick has his arm around Harry's shoulders, his letterman jacket resting on Harry's shoulders as well. Harry is staring down at the floor as Nick leads him to a small table near the back, his grip on Harry seemingly tight. That makes Louis a bit mad, but it's not like there's anything he can do.

He's just a dirtbag.