❤️ Twelve ❤️

"I'm going to fall."

"You are not, I've got you."

Harry raises his eyebrow at Louis incredulously, gripping onto both of his hands tightly. He's standing on Louis' skateboard, still in his prom dress, looking at Louis nervously.

"You're killing it already," Louis points out, smiling at Harry fondly as Harry laughs a little. "Now all you've got to do is a kick flip."

"You're funny," Harry replies. Louis just chuckles, giving Harry's hands a squeeze. Harry's grinning before the skateboard moves a bit, making him squeak and jump off of it. "Okay, all done with that."

"Chicken," Louis teases, and Harry pouts. "Hey did...did Grimshit say anything to you before you left?"

"Who?" Harry asks before his eyebrows raise in realisation. "Oh, no. I wouldn't even let him. He ran away like a pussy and I walked out."

"Good," Louis says with a sheepish smile. "I-I'm still sorry I did what I did. Wasn't very mature of me. It was just in the heat of the moment, I usually wouldn't do that, I'm just kind of..."

"Protective?" Harry helps, and Louis shrugs shyly. "I thought it was sweet, in a way."

"I just," Louis shrugs again. "After seeing how you were treated by Nick, I don't want to put you through that again, but what I did tonight was kind of douche-y."

"Are you kidding?" Harry laughs. They're still holding both of each other's hands. "You're nothing like Nick, I promise you. At this point in Nick and I's relationship, he was already sending me unprecedented nudes and grabbing my ass in public."

Louis clenches his jaw. "Why were you even with him if he treated you like that?"

Harry frowns and looks down at the cement. "He scared me," Harry admits softly. "He brought a fucking gun to school, I was terrified of him. If I had known he was like that before he asked me out, I would have never gone through with it."

Harry's hands are getting kind of shaky. Louis frowns guiltily, sorry for bringing it up, and steps forward to press a kiss to Harry's forehead. Harry's cheeks are pink in the glow of the streetlights as he smiles up at Louis, squeezing his hands.

"Hey, do you want to go back to my house?" Harry asks softly, biting his bottom lip. "My parents are out at their friends' house, and my sister's away at uni, so. It'd be just you and me."

Louis' eyes widen. "Um, yeah. Sure."