11

Camila and Lauren went to Dr. Gil's office that evening. Elizabeth was complaining that she had to cover for Camila's shift again. There weren't many people waiting outside the doctor's office, unlike the first time they came. Soon, they learnt that the doctor had specifically cleared her other appointments just to meet them.

"So, tell us doctor, how are we going to make her visible again?" asked Camila, impatient.

Dr. Gil looked at Camila and the empty seat where Lauren was.

"I've checked with my colleagues and also did my research on Wikipedia. And I came to a conclusion. It could be that your friend's being invisible as a sort of punishment," she said, calm.

"Punishment?"

"What kind of person is your friend?"

"What do you mean, doctor?"

"She must've done something bad to be punished like this. The only way for her to be back to normal is to find out what it was," added Dr. Gil.

"Well, I'm sure it's more than just something bad. Probably a list of bad things then," said Camila.

Lauren rolled her eyes.

"What she has to do now is to remember what she did on the day before she became invisible. If she did a lot of bad things, she has to list them all. And then she has to fix the damages she did."

"Fix the damages?"

Dr. Gil nodded.

"The hearts she had broken, the hopes she had shattered, the happiness that she had taken away. All these things, she has to fix them."

**

Camila and Lauren sat in the guesthouse's green van after their appointment with the supernatural doctor. But they didn't even ignite the engine to leave. Lauren was staring restlessly outside the window while Camila sighed again and again.

"We have to try this. Let's fix all the damages you made," said Camila.

Lauren sighed, "That's not easy. As you may know, I'm not exactly nice to others. It could be a really long list."

"Wow, so you are aware of it."

Lauren rolled her eyes, "Of course I do. I'm not stupid."

"You know you're being harsh to others but yet you still do it. That's the same as being stupid," blurted Camila. She noticed Lauren's gaze on her and stopped talking.

She cleared her throat, "So let's start from the day before you became invisible. What did you do on that day?"

Lauren creased her eyebrows, trying to recall.