Chapter 60: The News

I walk out to Travis car. He drives to Sam house. As we pull up Immy does too. She gets out her car.

"Something don't seem right." She says.

I go up to the door. Knocking on the door.

"Guys... I think they moved." Travis says. Looking through their window like a creeper.

I look through the window.

"She didn't even tell me." I mumble.

"Hey Immy. We have something to tell you. Meet us at that one cafe."

She nods. We get in the car.

"I'm sure she meant to. She probably just moved like yesterday or something." Travis says.

I sigh. I grab my phone. Looking at the contact Sam. I click on it. I hear the phone ring, but no answer. I sigh.

"Or maybe she wanted to get away from us."

"Don't look that much into it. She loved us."

We make it at the cafe. I sit down at my seat as Travis gets what we usually order. Immy sits down and Travis gives us our drinks.

"I think we should show you." Travis says.

He pulls his phone out. Giving it to Immy.

She looks confused. Reading the messages.

"Wow..." Immy says.

"Aren't you happy for her?" I ask.

"Yeah. I just didn't know that Teka was Bisexual. She has a girlfriend and everything. Her girlfriend is more beautiful then me." she slightly laughs. "I miss Teka."

"Maybe she'll come back and introduce us to Emilia." Travis says.

"Wait... Why did you start messaging Emilia?" I ask.

"She messaged me!!" he defends.

We all laugh.

"It feels different without Sam and Nate." I say.

Travis sighs. I hear my phone ring. I look and notice it's Isaac.

"Hello?"

"Where's Sam?"

"I don't know."

"I have Lulu and I can't get a hold of her."

"I can't either."

He hangs up. I put my phone down.

***********

"I just don't get it!" I say.

"Maybe she needed some time away. Remember when we did that." Asia says.

"Yeah, but like... That was different. I told someone." I continue sketching in the notebook.

"Strange. I wonder where she went. Isaac can't even get a hold of her. Hey did you try Nate?"

"I only have problems reading and writing. I'm not stupid."

"He's not answering either?"

I shake my head no.

"Cinn?"

"Of course she is. What does she have to do with Sam?"

"Shes basically a step-mom."

I sigh. Grabbing a colored pencil.

"What are you drawing?"

"No clue."

I look at Asia. She's watching tv.

"Hey little A!" Gavin says.

"Hey."

"I have a question." he sits down in the recliner.

I continue Coloring.

"So it's about your tbi. I was watching this show and this dude got it. He ended up having to relearn to walk and talk and all sorts of stuff again. He went through physical therapy for it. Did you do that?"

I look at Asia and she's staring at Gavin.

"I had the opportunity too... But no I didn't. No money. And besides it depends on what type of tbi you have."

"There's different types."

Asia looks at the tv laughing.

"You know theres a type of amnesia where you forget like one thing. Like if I got it. Say I forgot about Travis and everything me and Travis did. But I remembered EVERYTHING else." I say.

Asia looks at me. "Where do you guys learn this stuff?"

"Tv." Me and Gavin both say.

"I watch tv more than both of you and I don't know this."

"You watch more tv, but I watch more Netflix!"

"Keep it up."

"I have work."

I get up and leave.

Sam p.o.v.

Staring at the land below me. My feet dangling off the edge of the cliff. I sigh. No, I'm not jumping. I just needed to get away.

The one thing I didn't tell anyone. Im going to a college that's in a different state. I gave Lulu to Isaac so she could still see Cinn... And... Everyone. Nate went to a different college then me. In a different state.

I didn't mean to just up and leave. I'm not trying to ignore everyone. I accidentally broke my phone and haven't got a new one. Well I did... But I didn't get my number transferred. Also... I've been busy with college. I'm trying to be a teacher.

I get up. Walking down the hill back to my car. The wind blowing my hair everywhere.

I drive to my apartment. I get in and throw my keys in a tray. Taking my shoes and jacket off. I flop on the couch. Staring at my candle. Did I leave that lit? I swear I don't know how I'm alive. I grab out my homework. Lifting up and working on it. I sigh. As I put it down on the table and lay on the couch.

I doze off...

************

"UP UP UP!!!!" I hear a girl yell.

"Get off." I mumble realizing the girl sitting on me.

"You agreed to help me get ready for my date. This is my first date with my girlfriend. I'm super nervous!!!"

I see my roommate sit on the floor in front of me.

"Okay. I'll help you. You owe me though."

She smiles. "Thank you Sammy!"

"Whatever... Emilia."