Chapter One

Chapter One

         Six o'clock, June twelfth. A cold evening, they were watching a movie. Mrs. and Mr. Grant. An old couple with no children. They always wanted a baby girl. Well, they got a murderous one. I wipe the tears, whispering in their ears,''I'm so sorry.'' I look at the scene. I've wiped the fingerprints, hid the ax, and took a shower. I don't remember, of course. But...I did it. I sigh, dialing the police. They come in a hurry, and all of them greet me with sad pats on the back. Yeah, this has happened so many times that they all know me. Sad, right?? I get in the police car. Crossing my legs sadly. ''Again, this murderer is good. Not a trace of anyone here. Again.'' Ha, again. Of course again. I'm supposed to start another school tomorrow. ''Welcome Pretty, you never liked those idiotic people anyway. You should thank me.'' Her taunting laughter echoes in my head, and then goes away. Yes, I actually hear her talk sometimes. I hate her, myself. I liked the Grants. They were nice, yet strict. I sigh, damn it!! I wanted to let them live!!! I wanted them to live!!! But I can't undo what I have done. Or I would've undone everything I've ever done.  They take me to the station, questioning me and all. I, as always, know nothing. Absolutely nothing. I sigh. Where am I going to go when I'm eighteen?? No one wants a kid over eighteen. I have no money, I only have until next year. It'll be me, just on the streets. Alone with my insane personality. Murderous and insane. I sit around, a Officer Jada gives me some coffee. I nod my thanks. It takes hours, and I have to go back to the house for my stuff, but I get my new foster home by three p.m. A rich couple's home. They have five kids. Two my age, two ten year olds, and a baby. All of them are blonde and blue eyed. The perfect family. Now here's a red haired, grey eyed murderer. What do you think will happened?? Somebody drives me there. I don't remember who. I wasn't paying attention when they introduced themselves. We arrive in thirty minutes. And the family waits for me outside. I get out of the car. The two my age snicker. ''Hello, I'm Claudius. This is my sister Claudette.'' I shake their hands. ''I'm Tara. My brother's name is Georgy.'' I smile faintly. Shaking their hands too. The adults finally introduce themselves. ''We're Mrs. and Mr. Conner.'' ''I'm Pretty Polite.'' The kids laugh, and they introduce the baby. ''This is Derrick.'' ''He's cute.'' ''Yes, he is adorable.'' I sit through whoever drove me here, and the Conners conversation. And then they show me my room. Tara is rooming with me for a while. Their family is coming over. So their spare rooms are booked. Tara yanks on my hand,''This is going to be so fun!!! It'll be like a great giant girly sleepover!!!'' They leave me with Ms. Perky Pants. ''Well Pretty, what's sup with you?? What's your beef with life??'' ''Uh, nothing really.'' She jumps around on her bed,''For real Pretty?? No beef with life?? You have that vibe about you.'' ''A vibe??'' ''Uh duh, yeah. You have the Emo/Goth vibe. Not to be stereotypical or jack, but really.'' ''Eh, no beef with life.'' ''Whatever!!! Hey guess what??'' ''What??'' ''I hate it when people do that. You say guess, and they say what. I said guess for a reason, but whatever!!! I do pageants.'' ''Oh really?? I don't see any crowns or any of that.'' ''Oh Pretty, you're ridiculous. Come here, come here, come here, come here!!!'' She pulls me into a room, that I assumed was a bathroom. It's filled with shelves, crowns, sashes, and pictures. Oh wow. How fun. It's so glittery in here I may die. Not that I wouldn't mind that. ''Yeah, impressive, right?? I've won nearly everything I've entered. Only two times when that judge was angry because Mom slapped her last pageant. Wrong, but I got Best Personality. I've only really lost twice.'' I raise my eyebrows, looking at her dolled up pictures. Like a Barbie doll. It's pretty creepy. ''Wow, it's...sparkly. Were you ever on Toddlers and Tiaras??'' ''Eh, they wanted me but Mom said no.'' I nod, looking around some more. How wonderful. So now, eventually I'll have seven people to kill here. How awesome. ''Hey, you start your new highschool tomorrow, right?? Cool, I've always wanted to go to highschool. But..I'm too young for that. What are you going to do??? Cosmetology??'' ''No, just school things.'' ''Oh, now, I've read a lot of highschool books. Now, will your boyfriend be a vampire or a werewolf?? And will he be a bad boy, or a good guy??? I gotta know.'' ''I don't date,''I say. Laughing a bit at the thought of me, ever dating a guy. That'd be the worse catastrophe since I became a murderer. ''Oh boo. You'll like someone in that school, and I'm betting he's a vampire/werewolf hybrid, he'll be super cute, and have a chiseled profile. Whatever that means. Claudette's inappropriate teenage junk don't be making sense.'' I raise my eyebrows. Oh goodness, these family won't last a week.