Voided (A Royaltycast Zoethian Fanfiction)

Today was the birthday of the arrogant Prince, everyone had been dragged into town to worship him. There was one girl, a few years younger than the Prince, who himself was now 17. She had long red hair, tied back in a ponytail, a golden coloured dress that came to her knees and white shoes. By looking at her it wasn’t hard to tell those where her special occasion clothes, and a royal event was a special occasion.

This girl though, she was being shouted away from the crowd by her parents ‘Zoey come back here’ they shouted. It wasn’t her fault she was fascinated by him though, nearly every girl in a five year range of his age either way was. He wasn’t your typical Prince. He wasn’t open and caring and always there to save the day, instead he was rarely shown, only dragging himself out of the Palace for events like this. No one knew if he was strong or intelligent.

Instead this Prince was mysterious, dark, his hand adjusting the mask that always covered half of his face. All the girls in the kingdom thought he was hot, and Zoey was no exception. She likes to think that she ‘loves’ the way she imagines his purple eyes glow in the dark. Or the tiny imperfections she was sure to find under his mask. The main selling point of this Prince was his hair though. It was flat today, but sometimes it was spiked and when it was you could fully appreciate the rich chocolate colour it was again the streak of bleach blonde that was off to one side.

When the girl was finished admiring the Prince, like she always did at royal events, she caved to her mothers pleas to go home. Whispering the Prince’s name to herself. ‘Rythian’ she smiled.

The boy scanned the crowd of people whom had come to adore him, every time he had to attend one of these events. He’d always pick out one girl from the crowd and think about what kinda of person she really is. He only did this because he knew that in a few years time he would have to pick a Princess to marry, when he didn’t want to.

This year when he looked at the crowd of swooning girls he spotted a red-head. She had sky blue eyes with golden flecks of light reflecting off of them. They captured you, he nearly didn’t move his own eyes until Rythian saw her looking at him. He closed his eyes and tried to imagine her dressed in something else. Rythian saw her in a white and red dress, with flowers. Her red hair was draped over her shoulders in curls and the top half was tied back. Her face fully visible for him admire. He opened his eyes again to look at her in person, but she was walking away, whispering something to herself.

The girl sighed as she walked back home with her parents. They had never wanted her to become involved with this hype about the Prince, they knew it would only hurt her heart. Zoey’s mother could speak from experience because when she was her daughter’s age. It was the King whom was the hot topic and of course she thought she had loved the King. Her heart had ached when his inevitable marriage was announced, but she had soon gotten over it and met her husband Xephos.

Despite the fact they had been together nearly 20 years, the girl’s parents. Lomadia and Xephos walked hand in hand, watching over their daughter as she skipped ahead. Everyday, they still acted like the newly married couple with their first and only child. It was natural to them.

The boy how ever got up out of his carriage, to greet his people. He did this every year, get to know the future people of his kingdom. Build up the trust between him and them, because he wanted to be a kind King. Unlike his father who abuses the power.

Rythian wanted to be a king who could just walk among his people. Through the market on a daily basis, chat to the people and find out how good of a ruler his was. He also wanted to have a Queen he loved, whom he could co-operate with, not a spoiled Princess from another part of the Kingdom he’d be forced to marry. He wanted to find love in a normal person. So he could ask about all the things he missed. Like school, sure he was intelligent and knowledgeable. But he had never stepped foot inside of any of the Kingdoms schools.

That had been the first time Prince Rythian Enderborn had spotted Zoeya Proasheck, the second time is a much longer story though.

 A/N: Story is dedicated to my dear best-friend Megan for being awesomely awesome.