Chapter 13

Rythian POV

Everything was changing. Zoey had even told me she was feeling ill, I had told my mother. Just because she would know how to look after Zoey, even though my mother had been too impressed when I told. I was seriously worried about what I had done to Zoey. I wanted to fix it, but I might not be able to.

I was waiting in Zoey’s room, I wanted a hug off her, to tell her everything was going to be okay. I was even going to take her for a picnic. I had a basket full of food and our invisibiility cloaks. I just wanted to treat our relationship like it was normal, like I wasn’t a prince and she wasn’t going to be one of my servants.

I just had to pretend, I still wasn’t sure what I was going to do though. I had options once I was King. I could get married to Princess Cassie, lead a perfect life on the surface and keep Zoey a secret. Or I could become a King in solitude and then change the laws surrounding marriage and commitments.

I knew it was the hard way, but I really wanted to choose the later. Cassie could always just go off with Duncan, I had seen them together, they were happy. I wanted that with Zoey, I wanted everyone to know I love her, I want her to be my Queen. I knew she would make a great one.

The door suddenly opened and out of habit and shock, I pulled my sword, not being surprised when I saw Zoey walking into the room yawning. She had worked this evening so she could get a head start on tomorrows work.

"Rythian!" She almosted shouted, jumping on to me. I quickly dropped my sword just for her safety. It rattled next to my feet, cutting some of the leather on my boots. I wasn’t too fussed though, at least I hadn’t nearly killed my girlfriend.

"What brings you to my humble abode?" She asked, giggling slightly. I picked up the picnic basket and she grinned from ear to ear. I passed her an invisiblity cloak, she knew what to do. Running over to her desk and grabbing a Klien Star and her flying ring. It was already attached to her by the time she walked back over.

I was already ready. I was fiddling with my cloak around my shoulders, making it so none of me could be seen. I wasn’t supposed to leave the castle, ever. Especially not this close to my Corination.

I opened her window regardless and flew out, my body glowing purple so she could see me. That’s when I noticed her body did the same but red. It’s not like I didn’t mind, people would just think we’re weird lights in the sky, and I could live with that.

***

I was flattening out our cloaks as a picnic blanket, I had brought nothing else so it seemed logical. Zoey was running around the foreseeable area, she was super impressed by the nature here. I knew she would like it.

I smiled at her, it looked like nature was her element. She had never been so happy. I heard a slight buzzing below me, something was wasn’t supposed to be there. If I didn’t know better I would even say it was cause by a forcefield maybe? But in this Kingdom, who would be so stupid?

"Zoey! Don’t prance about, I need you to stay in sight." I almost screamed. I hadn’t been focusing, and when I looked back up I couldn’t see Zoey anywhere. I knew she would just be fascinated by something behind a cluster of trees, but I still had right to be worried.

I went back to trying to set out a picnic, for once I had no idea what I was trying to do. I left the food in the basket, putting a quick enchantment on it so no one could take it. I could hear whispers coming from the near east, so I went over there to look for Zoey. I also heard rustling footsteps, they were too loud to belong to her. Not only did she have tiny feet, but she didn’t use enough force when she walked to rustle the leaves.