Chapter 1

When I was little mother always helped me hide from father he wasn't abusive or anything just a strict and disciplined man. I was so so scared, scared to do the wrong things because I knew he would be so disappointed and of course I would get a beating but deep down I really loved him when mother was on business trips I would try to cook for him and the boys it wasn't always tasty but I tried my best, the boys helped me when I didn't know what to do i miss them, I miss him. He was very scary and commanding but at the same time he is a loving father, husband and person he just doesn't tolerate bad behavior, laziness and all the other bad stuff. I remember every marking period he would make a deal with us if we have a certain average he would get us something unlike my mother he is not heavy handed with his money he will give it to you but you had to earn it I guess he wanted me to learn that nothing is ever given it is earned. I never realized it but he was doing good for me I always thought he was just mean and always hitting me but now looking back those days shaped me. Mother wasn't the aggressive type i favored her more because sometimes she would convince my father not to hit me and when she was beating me it did not hurt as much. They were both teachers my mother was a kindergarten teacher while father and as a principal It was like he was always watching me we did spend every day together well not exactly together I hated being the daughter of the principal he always wanted me to be an example  I got so many whoppings in front of my classmates it was embarrassing but too embarrassing because everyone got beatings but I had it worse he made me do more work even at home he would make me do more work than the boys I guess he wanted people to know that just because I'm his only daughter or only child doesn't mean he was going to spoil me. The boys  just lived with us our family is know for taking children from families what have to much and can't take care of them especially in this economy people couldn't afford food, it's not really adopting because at any time the parent wants the kid back they can have them back same goes  if the child no longer wants to stay. I considered the boys as my actual siblings after all I didn't have any turns out after giving birth to me my mother had a vaginal infection which was not treated early because of the lack of hospitals and specialists in the country. They would love to have had another child but it's to late mother is already in her fifties sometimes she really thinks about it I know she blames my uncle for part of it she claims that If my uncle hadn't been selfish wouldn't have had given birth in jacmel which would have prevented all of this.