Pale

She stood alone in a dark room. No sound. No light. Just her. She started to panic. Where was she? How did she get here? She sat down, confused, and started to sob uncontrollably. By this point in time she could hear heavy breathing and dragging feet. There were hands on her. Cold and wet. They grabbed her everywhere. Forming a layer of hands over her body. Then they squeezed. The claw like fingers piercing her flesh. She tried to scream, but more hands filled her mouth. She bit down on the disgusting things. The claws punctured her tongue. The hands around her throat clenched tight. Cutting off her oxygen and throat. Blood from her tongue Began to pool in her throat. Drowning her. This was it. The end of everything.Then she heard a noise. A high, whistling, piercing noise. Four more quickly followed and she heard five heavy thuds. Ten hands in random locations around her body disappeared. She heard metal on metal. Screaming. More hands disappearing. Some warm liquid was covering her. The blood drowning her. She felt fuzzy. The hands in her mouth disappeared. The hands on her throat were gone. Everything was gone. She awoke to a man standing before her, covered in blood and holding a sword with a bow strapped to his back. He was smiling as he reached his hand down to her. She took it. He closed his eyes. She followed. The ground fell away. They were falling. Falling together. It was warm. She was happy. The darkness of her eyelids was soon replaced by light. And all became bliss.

The man stood there sobbing. The body of what once was a woman laid before him, headless. She was gone now. She had gone forever ago but he had to finish it then. Her body was grey and cold. Hairless. Cold blue eyes. Her skin was tight against her bones. Her body devoid of flesh. Her lips were gone. Her teeth sharpened into fangs. Nothing remained of the woman. The man took his blood covered blade, and with tears in his eyes, ran it through his heart. All was bliss.