When I'm With You || Luke Hemmings

Chapter One

I wasn't fond of such hot weather, it's sweaty and sticky and I hate it. I can't say I'm the only one either, my parents and both of my sisters hate it. It keeps me wondering while we're still here. Why stay in i place you hate?

Why stay here when I could be back in Florida?

We were running, from someone. No one ever cared to call to see if we were okay. Because we wouldn't let them. We can't have contact with anyone from the states, not even my best friend. Not my grandmother or my eldest sister Jordan. No one.

I was alone.

Well not really, I have my family and a few friends I guess, but that doesn't matter, I don't want to stay here, I want to go back just to smell my grandma's cooking, to see my sister graduate. But I never got to see any of that since our stupid move to Australia.

I'm pretty much the only American here and it's dreadful because I'm still learning terms and phrases, dear god get me out.

I'm in the middle of math, or "maths" ranting about my life in my mind. I'm supposed be focused but the constant urge to scream and run out of here.

The boy in the front of the class getting all the answers correct and rasing his hand at everything was my bestfriend ever since I moved at the age of 10, and it's now my fault we're not. I know it's random to say.

But it's true.

I got a single tattoo and "lost" my virginity and bailed on him, I have no idea why. I'm and awful person for doing it too. Some people say he cried for days in his room, and they could hear it when they walked to school. But why would he cry over me? He's too good for me anyway, he's perfect and I'm not.

Luke is his name, but I used to tease him and call him Lucas. He tried to come up with Connielia, which didn't work at all. So he just stayed with Connie. 

Connie and Luke, the two who wouldn't be seperated for anything, what happend? Where did I go? Why am I feeling so desperate and alone? I know I only like Luke as a friend and that only, but he hates me. 

"Miss. Treasol?" I shoot my head up to look at the teacher and find him in the middle of a lesson while I'm doodling on my page complaning in my head.

"Yeah? What do you want?" I manage to say, biting the inside of my cheek to make sure I seem innocent enough and that I haven't done anything, trust me. It works.

He sighs and turns his back to continue teaching. I look to Luke and see him staring at me, a look of sorrow in his eyes mixed with confusion.

"What do you want, asshole?" I try to hold in a sorry, I didn't mean it Luke, I'm sorry.

"Can we talk, you know, after class?" He smiles that beautiful fake smile, I've seen it before. No matter how hard he's trying he still look beautiful.

I roll my eyes and nod, I've been wating for this. For a a long time, Luke. I just really miss you, I want to change this, to change everything, and I'm sorry.

***

"Hi, Connie." Luke's height leaves a shadow over me and I gulp, what is he going to want to talk about, Luke please forgive me.

"Lucas." I want to say Hi but my "friends" are close by, what will I do if we randomly hug? They'll attack me and put me out of the group. And destroy me.

Luke stares at me for awhile, it's the end of school so it doesn't matter how long we stay like this, it's nothing but, I love it.

"Did I do something?" He looks at the floor and plays with his lip ring, damn that lip ring. He got it shortly after we got drunk for the first time, to impress a girl. He never said who and I don't know why. 

"No. I just d-don't lik-" I pause and look at him, I don't want to lie, but I have too.

"Because I don't like you." I stand still and try so hard not to jump into his arms and tell him I'm sorry and that I miss him.

I miss him.

"Oh, well.. why?" He bites his lip and slides down to sit at a locker, I do the same.

"I don't really know." I place my hands in my face and hear the sound of heels come my way.

"Con, why are you talking to this loser?" I look up to see my bratty friends, dumb, bratty friends. I stand up from the locker and try to pull my best bitchy face.

"He wanted to talk, so I let him. It was all stupid shit anyways, he's to dumb to comprehend words." I put my hand on my hip and watch luke's sitting postition turn into a ball, he's scared of me.

My best friend is scared of me.

"Lets go, Con" Lela adds, turning her back on me and Luke and strutting off.

I'm sorry, Luke.

------------

A/N well yeah so that happened

i hope you enjoy this story is gon be goooooood

i hope

so like vote and shit and I'll update soon, bye. 

-Darby