two

Two

(Lukes POV)

I watch them walk away, why did she walk away? She was clearly about to say something. Lela and the rest of the group completely ruined that though. They ruin everything. I don't want Connie to leave so I confidently get up and tap on her shoulder.

Shit.

"What do you want, freak?" Connie turns around and bites the inside of her cheek. It's cute and I try not to laugh at how adorable and small she is no matter how bad ass she appears to be.

"To t-talk to you." I say, it's so hard not to stutter when I talk to her, it's just, she's so pretty and small and I just want to wrap her up and cuddle her into oblivion.

She looks back and nods, letting the other girls walk off to their lockers to gather their stuff.

"What do you want, Luke?" Luke, she hasn't called me Luke in ages. She raises and eyebrow and begins to giggle, looking at my chin. I suddenly realize I'm drooling and that I've been staring at her for ages.

"So, what did I do?" I look down at her at let my hand run through my hair, collecting the rest of my pride for what she's going to say.

"Nothing, I just- I just can't tell you." She bites her lip and itches the back of her neck. 

"Why can't you tell me? We've been best friends for the longest time-"

"Shut up, I just don't like you okay?" She sighs and places a hand on my should looks me in the eyes.

She reaches in her pocket and hands me a note, turning around she heads to the busses that are wating outside. I open the note she tucked in my hand and read it.

'Meet me at my house, we need to talk

Connie x'

What?

***

Connies (POV)

I sit in my house wating for the blonde to show up, eating cereal and watching American Horror Story to pass time. When  I finally hear a knock i sit up and place my cereal down and run straight to the door.

I open it and sigh, to reveal Lela, Drew, and Karly.

"Hi guys, what's up?" I gesture for them to walk in and i get back to my couch.

"We wanted to throw a party, where's your family?" Drew picks at her pink nails, admiring them closely.

"Upstairs, but they're leaving soon, they're visiting friends and I have to go." I lie and fix the bottom of my Nirvana shirt.

"Oh, too bad, just tell them you feel sick, or come to my place, my parents are probably in Sydney." Karly speaks, as she chews her gum loudly, classy.

"I don't want to go. I don't like parties." I truthfully state and throw myself back into my show.

"Ugh fine, move over." Drew motions me to scooch on the couch as she flips off her shoes. Luke is going to come over (I hope) and I don't want them there, they ruin everything.

"Guys, I'm leaving really-" I get interrupted by my doorbell.

Shit.

"C-Come in!" I stutter, letting Luke or whoever it is walk in themselves. Luke takes off his shoes and plays with his blue button up shirt, he's so cute.

"You wanted to see- Oh." He stares at the three girls and waves awkwardly as he plays with his lipring. Karly is obviously staring at him and it's not that I'm jealous, but I really don't like her staring at him, she will ruin him and I don't want him ruined, he's too good for that and I really want to make sure he knows what I'm going through, maybe he'll forgive me, maybe he'll want to be my best friend again, I can finally leave these whores and make dumb flower crowns with Luke again. Again.

"Hi Luke, what the fuck are you doing here?" Drew stands up and checks him out, they always found him attractive but they always ignore him in school for having "bad reputation". 

Jerks.

"I'm here to, uh, work for her parents, I come in and clean the house often." He smiles and walks into the kitchen.

I turn on my phone and pretend to get a text saying my parents friends are getting they're stuff ready and they want us to come now, so I show the girls out and shut the door in their faces, oh well. I hear how rude I am on Monday.

"Nice excuse, bud." Bud? Did I even have the right to call him that anymore? He clearly doesn't want to be buds right now, or maybe he does. I can't really tell, he's giving me mixed signals.

"Bud? Haha, what?" He stares at me for a minute and jumps onto the couch.

"I'm so sorry." I blurt out and stand awkwardly in the kitchen where he left me.

That's a first.

"Sorry for what? I mean, I know what you're sorry for but you must have a reason" He pats the couch and opens his arms. Does he want to hug me?

"Luke you're moving really fast with this whole thing, I just wanted to say sorry." I walk over to the couch and place a hand on my hip. He slowly drops his arms and frowns, I don't want him to be sad but it's the truth. I sigh and move next to him on the couch staring into his lively blue eyes and admiriing every last bit of them, they're the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.

"I know I just want to know why you- Well, left." He chokes in the middle of his sentence and curls up into a ball.

"Luke, I'd love to tell you everything, but I can only say a few things." I look down to my feet and lean back into the cushions on the couch.

"Spill." He stares at me and waits for me to talk.

"The girls wanted me to join their group for my looks, they thought it would get them more attention. I can't really explain why they would want me, but it did boost my confidence, I remember telling you this, yeah." I explain about why I left, and other things he should know.

"They told me I had to drop you, get tattoos and lose my virginity to be cool, but I didn't really want to. But I did, I remember you standing outside the tattoo parlor in your car just wating for me to call the hospital for laser removal, but I never did. I then lied about losing my virginity to Ashton, I don't know why I picked Ashton, he's so innocent and cuddly, I can't even imagine him trying to get in my pants." I lose my breath and take a deep one, continuing on.

"Then I left."

He looks at me with sorrow and hate.

"If you want you can go." I manage to choke out as I stare at him.

"I'll stay"

"Why?"

"Because I never left"

"But I did, Luke" I stare back at him, trying to talk in complete sentences.I knew I never would be able to take back what I had done, but that fact he is staying makes my heart hurt.

He never left me. I just left him

-----------------------------------------

i felt alot of feels writing this

Vote Comment And Follow Me!

Yeah so updates every Sunday.

byeyeyeyeyeye

-Darby(Author)