The One That Got Away

My friends and I were in a car going home from work, when Kit decided to invite us to have some dinner at a restaurant along the way. I have been with these friends of mine for as long as I can remember, all of them are good friends and we know that we always have each others back. We all agreed to her invitation, I don't know about them but its late and I am starving.

The place we went to is a 5 story building and the restaurant was located on the 3rd floor. They are well known for serving a very delicious Congee. Is it weird that we are going to eat this on a warm weather?. We entered the place and was welcomed by their cool conditioning. The ambiance is very cozy, instead of regular steel or plastic stools they have sofa's and love seats. I took a whiff in the air and my nose was met by the delicious smell of their cooking.

My friends and I decided to take seat on the second level of the restaurant where there are cubicles for group and you can seat on the floor with cushions, it was pretty cool but aside from that we have other reason for sitting there. though the place is not full they still have many customers and we don't want to disturb them and we don't want to be asked to leave before we are even done, because for sure we will be loud laughing so much like we always do when we are together.

Upon walking up the stairs I faintly heard my name being called, 'Holly..' I was just going to ignore it at first, but then I heard it again. This time it was a bit louder and clearer. I stopped on my track and felt a tug in my heart, I know that voice. When he called out again I turned my face to the right to look at the source, and I wasn't wrong. It was really him, he was there smiling widely at me.

You know those cliché scenes in the movie when the two lead characters finally saw each other for the first time and the world seems to slow down?. Yes?. That is exactly what happened when I saw him!. Its like everything around us slowed down and eventually stopped. The people around us blurred and one by one disappeared until it was only me and him.

He was smiling at me asking me to come over, while I was standing like a statue. I couldn't move, I can hear my heart beating loudly on my chest. I wonder if he hears it?, because it is pretty loud. I hope not.

Slowly I took steps going down. May, one of my friends came back for me asking why I didn't follow, 'I believe that's my fault' he said making himself known.

She too became speechless when she saw him but snapped back into reality immediately. May smiled and her eyes shows that she understands that I need sometime. She said that they will be upstairs if I need anything and will explain with the rest of the group that I will join them shortly. This is why I really love my friends. They don't easily judge they just understood quickly, no need to explain everything.

Before leaving she told him, 'Its nice seeing you again Oliver.' he gave him a smile and a nod, with that she left to go back with the rest of the girls.

'Hey' He said once it was just the two of us.

"Hi" I breathed in reply. I still can't believe that he is standing here in front of me. It has been years since last saw him. We got to know each other thru our common friends in college and easily became close friends because we like to do a lot of the same things:  solving logic games, telling jokes, playing guitar and not to mention that eating is our favorite hobby. 

We enjoy each others company and became really close, until one day I realized that I am starting to have feelings for him, and I got scared. I no longer know how to act around him. I tried to act as if nothing has changed, but as days pass by, my feelings grew bigger and deeper, until I can no longer look at him in the eyes. I did my best to ignore what I am feeling but a time came that it became too much for me to handle. He was my first crush. Maybe my first love.