Chapter 7

I sigh and try and look away from them as I get the feeling of a tightening throat showing disappointment at myself.

"Harleen" one of the guys catches my attention as he speaks "I thought you were going to stay with your friends, and now you're here" he smiles, "don't flatter yourself that much" I smile back with fakery, he laughs "better stay with us, you're cool. by the way, I'm Ty", "is it your real name?" I ask, never hearing of the name, "no, his name is too cheesy he changed it once he came here" another guy speaks laughing, "what is it?" I smile, "if you dare and tell her..." Ty raises his fist, "I'm Rob and this is little Timmy!' he squeals as he says Ty's name, "Timmy, huh?" I smirk at him as I lean both my elbows on the table, he rolls his eyes and looks away. They all laugh as the look at me.

Suddenly, Sebastian comes to our table and stands in front of Kayden and I. One of his hands is on Ty's chair's border as his muscles covered with his half hidden tattoo stretch.

"we are going to the garden, are you coming?" Rob asks him, "well" Sebastian looks at him "it's closed today", "don't you have the keys?" another guy speaks, Sebastian looks at him "there are rules here". He taps Ty's back scaring him by the sudden action, and he leaves.

"let's go to the garden" Kayden smirks and Ty raises his hand "I'm in". Kayden takes my hand and walks with Ty, Rob, Hanna and other guys following him.

As we arrive to the garden, Kayden climbs its wall. They all follow him. Hanna, who is about to jump inside the garden, following the guys, looks at me "are you coming or what?", "aren't we supposed to stay away?", "who cares. Now give me your hand so I can help you".

She gives her hand and I take it and jump up. We head to the garden and I notice the beauty of this place, by one look. I don't blink and I stare at the colorful flowers covering the ground and the huge trees. Kayden, Ty and Rob climb a tree.

Kayden takes Ty's hand tightly, and the second thing I see is Kayden throwing Ty off the highest point of the tree . Ty starts moving back and forth as Kayden moves his hand to the same rhythm. I shockingly gasp as I look at Rob laughing as he watches Ty that is only taking hang of Kayden's hand.

Ty, finally, ends things by jumping to the ground and falling as he rolls to the ground. I run to him to see if he's okay and as I lean down, he starts laughing. Everybody's laughter follows it. Kayden and Rob jump after him. Hanna is laughing as she sits on a lower branch on the tree.

I walk away ignoring the four of them. I look around and decide to leave. I climb the wall and head out.

I look in front of me and see Sebastian. "I see you snuck inside" he crosses his arms, "I..." I only manage to say, "I think it would be better for you if you get away from them" he says clenching his jaw, "why do you act so cold? I thought..." I ask him, "look Harleen" he cuts me off "you aren't different from all the others. Don't think if we had a conversation last time that you would be any more special".

I walk away knowing he is right. "you can't just walk away from the things you don't want and that bother you" I hear him tell me. I look back and listen to him continue "you can't just walk away from your mother's death or from your wrong thoughts, face them like a strong person".

'You don't know me' I want to scream 'you don't understand what I am going through', but I just walk walk away flipping my ponytail and heading back to my room.

I hear a knock on my door, I open it and look at Valerie and Thomson. Thomson looks at me with a blank face "Harleen, we need to speak", "yeah, I know" I sigh and look at Valerie "I owe you all an explanation", "this is why we are here to talk. Aubrey and Arnold are waiting for us", I nod and walk with them to Aubrey's room.

After we sit, awkwardly, in complete silence, Arnold asks me about what happened in the cafeteria. "I don't know where to start... I came here because my mother died. Kayden knows something about me that I want to hide from everyone to stay safe", "stay safe?" Aubrey asks, I nod, "Why? Did you do something?" Valerie looks at me as she lowers her brows and draws the together in a 'V' shape, "no. I cant tell you more than that. It isn't that I don't trust you enough. I am just afraid", "it's alright" Aubrey gives me a hug, "I promise you, you will find out" I hardly smile.

"but why are you staying with Kayden?" Arnold asks still sitting next to Thomson, "I don't know" I simply tell him, "what is he getting out of it? I don't understand" Arnold gets up and moves closer to Aubrey and Valerie who are standing in front of me.

We stand there, quietly, drowning in the quiet waves flowing in the air and hitting each one of us with a weird sensation.

We were called out for a meeting inside the training room so we all head to the location and start up conversations as we wait for the announcement they have to tell us.

We are taking about our lives before coming to Martenia. I notice in Arnold, while he is speaking about his parents, the small light and hope he has to see his family again, it is like he is redrawing the looks they have on their faces just by looking up to the sealing. He says "I came here to strengthen myself, to prove to everyone I can do it", and he speaks about how his parents talk to him everyday asking if he is alright.

I start to miss my mother and her beautiful smile. She used to tell me that 'the secret of life is inventing and imagining the road till the end as you go on', I would smile as she whispered the words slowly and carefully creating the ambiance of a dream and lust in my head.