chapter four

As I sat in the dark room I realized what I've gotten my self in to . I sat in the corner and cried till I couldn't no more. While I sat in the corner one of the boys that was in the room with me walked up to me "wassup bro " he said ,   "my name is Damien"  I looked up at him and wiped my face  " my name is Chris" I replied , "how can you live in this place ? " I asked , this place is hell , " I've been living here all my life " said damien , "well I'm surprised your still alive" I replied hoping he would laugh.

"Why they bring you here? " Damien asked ,   its a long story , just know that my mama is dead and my dad is a run away murderer . " oooh tell me all about it " as Damien said with excitement . as hours went by I told Damien how I ended up in here , he was shocked , he couldn't believe what I've been through , I couldn't believe it either.

As time passed by I couldn't go to sleep in that stupid smelly ass bed and I damn sure didn't wanna stay in that house .  at the moment I didn't care about nothing , everything in my life was already gone . I had nothing to lose , I didn't care if I died or not .

Next morning I woke up on the floor , I don't know how I got there but I'm pretty sure I fell . I started to smell a revolting stinch in the air , it smelled like onions and wet dog.  " come and eat you worthless punks"  yelled the ugly lady downstairs . everybody ran out the room to go eat  , I stayed in the room  , I was starving but I wasn't gonna attempt to eat that bull crap.

I walk downstairs to join everyone else in the kitchen when suddenly I hear a knock on the door , I stop and look at it , I felt the hairs stand up on my skin , I felt like something wasn't right .  I heard another knock again , I started to slowly walk towards the door , as I put my hand on the door knob my heart starts beating faster and my breathing starts to get heavy .

I open the door slowly , as I open it up the other person on the other side of the door pushes it open all the way knocking me on the ground . as I look up  I see that the person was Joe , my father , my life flashed before my eyes , my jaw dropped and my eyes got bigger . I was confused and scared at the same time , I didn't know how he found me . i started to crawl backwards slowly hoping he wouldn't try to charge at me .

He started to walk towards me , aye boy, you thought you could get away from me huh ?". He asked with his deep and sturdy voice , I'm surprised the boys in the kitchen couldn't hear him .   He pulled out a gun  and pointed at me ,   I didn't care for my life anymore I had nothing to lose  , I didn't care if he pulled the trigger or not "pull it"  I  said angrily , "kill your own flesh and blood if you want , it'll hunt you for the rest of your life "  he starred at me like I was a piece of trash , " I never did want your sorry ass anyway"  said Joe , as tears came down my face Joe walks closer to me , as I look him in his eyes I see red fire and rage . 

"why do you hate me so much"  I asked , he looked at me with no explanation , " I looked up to you pops , why do you treat me like this".  He just stared at me , he put the gone down and fell to the floor crying ,  " I don't know what I've gotten myself into" cried Joe ,  " when I was your age I went through the same shit I'm putting you through , my father was a drunkin , mama was on drugs , we lived poor , I had no other option but to live in these streets ".

I got up and walked towards him as he sat with his face down in his palms,  " pops , I understand what you've been through but I really did look up to you " I said , he looked at me " boy , you don't wanna be like me and I damn sure don't want you to go down the same road I went through , the streets raised me , I want you to get yo education and become something , don't be like me " Joe begged ,  I looked at him and smiled , tears started coming down my eyes , even though he's done so much bad things in his life I still forgave him , not everybody is perfect , people make mistakes .

"come here boy and give me a hug " Joe said ,  I walked up to him and gave him a big hug knowing this was gonna be my last time seeing him , I hugged him till I couldn't hug him no more when suddenly we heard police sirens outside , the ugly lady or one of the orphans must have called the police , my father looked out the window " there's a lot of them out there , well son I'm sorry for what I put you through" said Joe as he busted in to tears " sometimes you gotta do what's right ya know ?" He asked , "yes pops I understand"  he looked at me and started to cry even more , I ran and gave him a big hug , as I walked away Joe looked at me one last time " SON" Joe yelled , "I love you"  he said , " I love you too pops"

As I sat there and watched him walk out that door I knew he had good in him , as soon as he walked out he started shooting and the police killed him .   later on the orphanage that I was in got shut down because of health reasons and some other crap , oh boy was I glad .  

I'm in a new home with some great new parents , Mrs Murphy and Mr Murphy , their pretty cool  , they treat me like I'm  their own blood and flesh .  They give me what I want but I don't ask for to much because I'm thankful for what I got  , living with my biological parents I didn't have a lot so what ever my new parents gave me I was happy and thankful for .

I'm doing better in school and I'm staying out of trouble , when I graduate I was thinking about going in the military , I found out a lot of good things and benefits of going in , but I could think about that later , I have 4 more years to go  ,  I started playing football  to keep my mind off my past.

I still have flashbacks and anxiety attacks , my doctor gave me some meds to help it but I don't take em  , I'm pretty sure I could get over my past .   even though my biological parents  were the way they were , I still took the time to forgive them and their mistakes. I visit my mama's grave site from time to time whenever my new parents aren't busy.  New home , new parents , new life , and new love ,  I just wanna thank God for answering my prayers.