Sweet Disposition

Thrēotīne feowertig eahta (MCCCXLVIII).

I awoke to the sight of ēōs rai passing through my windowpane. Bright. Too bright to even gaze at the scattered lights. My back still laid on the cushion, I pressed my left temple. The new vidēre I installed the night before allowed me to project my vital signs and statistics eahtatig per cent clearer than before. It said I had fully recharged but the horizontal bar beneath my energy level indicated that I need pascere.

As soon as I set my peds on the thrēo centrathjo-hōros fabric covering of my floor, the comviar—fīftēne inches long with brass framework, and one type of servroids which delivers diurnals—entered the room and handed me Nūportare—a tīen by eahta inches transparent slate which contained daily news—with its fīf inches arm that could extend up to twice it height.

I clicked on the headline “Cyberneticians, proud to introduce a new plat form for creating pets”. Those people were the ones to thank for making our lives easier than ever.

"The media's so influential people are unaware of the attacks our fellowmen are raging," I said, shaking my head.

I got out of my cushion and let my peds amble to the Frigerare which was where I kept my supply of pascere. Boxes of pascere were piled up according to their brands. I scanned my vidēre to seek for my all-time favorite, Céréaliciae. I opened it and I immediately smelled its sweet aroma. I, then, began munching it.

Delectable as always, I thought. I could last a whole Luminhring with only this as my energizer.

From my window, I could see the ubiquitous life of the people of Cerefiper. A number of Flēogans—type of vehicle that roamed the highways—were beginning to create a traffic jam. Down the road, the pedestrians greeted each other, and guided the younger Cereflings on their way to Scholein, an institution where people honed their skills.

Twā Luminhring had passed since the virus had spread. Our people didn't know that more than centrathjo of our people were infected and were continuously being infected. The media was great at filtering what should be known and not by the people, and feeding them with nonsensical issues. If not for them, I would not be surprised if there'd be mass hysteria, which would be harder to control than what had just happened.

Being the Chief of Peace, I needed to do something to inhibit the rampant spread of the virus in Cerefiper. I had been devising a plan since the outbreak. I wrote to the Minister of Cerefiper and his allies to hear my plan.

Here, I stood in the middle of my workstation, in front of a transparent glass, control panel in my left, and sets of camera obscura at all corners of the workstation. The cameras allowed the projection of my material body inside the conference room of the Minister. On cue, I let out a sigh and began my speech:

Everything in Cerefiper is normal at the moment. We still have de trop food supply that will last for more than eight quarters. Same goes for the water and electricity. Citizens are still living in harmony as if there weren't a war outbreak.

However, this is ad interim. The most recent gnomicerritulla—a viral disease that causes paranoia, which soon progresses to delirium—outbreak started in Sūth Sklabēnoi and spreads rampantly to the whole of the orb. What is more alarming is infected people are beginning to become killing machines due to the symptoms of said illness.

We all get the drift that there’s still no cure for gnomicerritulla. We also have the latch on what is happenning—killing the infected host will be more detrimental as Ienonous inpestis, the virus responsible for this disease, tends to consume the dead body’s nutrients in order to duplicate itself. Protective gears are useless since the pathogen can pass through even the smallest hole as it has the ability to shrink itself.

But we musn't lose hope. Under the supervision of Dr. Nexxus, a group of scientists developed an anti-gnomicerritulla inoculant. This serum, however, is not suitable for us since our species and the subject have dissimilar corporeal carcass. Dr. Nexxus has tried injecting it to someone and it caused a tragic event—the death of the test subject. While test laboratory animals like Cavia porcellus and Mus musculus show no reaction at all, our bodies reject the inoculant which results to  Ankhōne Pectulli Ischemia, the most severe case of altered bodily reactivity which, often, is characterized by paroxysms of pain in the anterior chest, but a significant percentage of subjects that are diagnosed as having said reactivity show no symptoms of it.

To prevent further incident like this, we have come up with a plan. We have discovered a “living” celestial body which closely resembles ours except they’re still lacking with technology.

This is the basic information of the said planet:

Subject Name: Planasthai Telluris

Mass: 5,972.19 x 10 21 kilograms

Volume: 1,083,206,916,846 cubic kilometers

Surface Gravity: 9.80665 meters per square second

Atmospheric Constituents: Nitrogène, Oxygène 

80% of Nitrogène circumambulate Telluris.

***Nitrogène is a crucial element in the formation of various nucleic acids into a double helix held together by hydrogen bonds between puricusin and pyridine bases.

The serum will be injected in an oriental rat flea (Xenopsylla cheopis) and will be transported through a portal that extends to Telluris in order to search for hosts. The perfect hosts will then be brought to our planet in order to join the fight with us. Those infected hosts will be subjected yet to further laboratory experiments to develop obcirum, an anti-pathogen injectible, that scientists will infuse, and together with the antibodies will counter the virus that spread in the system of gnomicerritulla mutants.

I hope you, fellow citizens of Cerefiper, would give me your full support for this project.

I looked at them and waited for their reaction at the disclosure of my proposal. Their faces remained stern, but nevertheless, approving.

“Give us a day to decide,” said the Minister, still wearing the same expression. “Your proposal is not something to decide in this very instance.”

After bidding goodbye to them, I raised my left hand, palm facing the control panel, to activate the sensor that would turn off my holographic presence from the conference room. 

Feeling that this mission, if approved, would be a great success, I went to my cushion again and laid down with a mischievous grin on my face. I knew the Minister very well. I knew that he would never refuse to accept my proposal. After all, we were in the middle of a devastating crisis.

I smirked again. 

“This is going to be exciting,” I said triumphantly, placing my hands at the back of my neck.

 © Team Tigasin