Chapter Two .

We finally pulled into the parking lot for the bakery and we headed inside . It was nice and cozy , not too big or too small and there were alot of people there , mostly teenagers . I got the idea that this was the place that most teens hung out after school and on the weekends . We made our way towards the back room , near the kitchen and saw what looked like Gemma's boss trying his best to keep up with the orders that continued to pour in . He handed all 3 of us aprons and ordered us to where he needed help the most . Gemma pleaded to us with her eyes , so Denise & I could do nothing but help .

After a few hours , the bakery was getting ready to close and we were all near exhaustion . Denise , Gemma & I were sitting taking off our aprons , when all of a sudden Gemma's boss burst through the kitchen doors and headed straight for us . "Thank you , thank you , thank you !" was all he said . We both nodded and smiled while Gemma stood off to the side , smiling at the two of us . "This normally doesn't happen , but I very much appreciate you lot helping me !" When he was done with his gratitude rant , Gemma finally got the opportunity to introduce us to him . "Oh , so you're new here ? I noticed that your accents were a bit strange ! How's about you two work for me ?" We happily agreed and both Gemma and her boss were more than happy to welcome the two of us .

As soon as we got home , Denise went to take a shower while I went straight to my mom's room . I told her everything that had happened in our first day here and she was excited that we had done something productive with our time . After a few minutes of talking , I took a shower and went to bed , for once actually excited for our move here . Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all ..