Chapter 4- Control

Chapter 4:

We got off in downtown Seattle. Azlyn departed the bus station quickly, in long strides that made me have to run to keep up. She walked into a coffee shop on the right side of the street called JAVA Black. Azlyn walked inside, letting the swinging door slam in my face. I pushed it open and followed her in.

A lone cashier stood at the counter, wiping spilled coffee off of it. A girl in a black knit sweater and patterned leggings sat at a booth in the back of the small restaurant, typing rapidly on a laptop. "Emma!" Azlyn called. The girl looked up. "I need you to open the Wall" she said. Emma nodded intently, then strode across the restaurant and placed a hand on the brick wall. She closed her eyes and began to chant the same phrases that Azlyn had said. The wall began to shake violently. "What-" I said, but Azlyn and Emma cut me off. The wall split in two, and Emma strode through. Azlyn motioned for me to follow.

I followed them into a dark, low tunnel. At the opposite end, Azlyn took off her silver necklace. She wore it all the time. It had sapphire and diamonds on a heart locket. She fitted it into a mold on the door, and the door slid open. I stepped into a training room.