[5] Level 4

A/N: Sorry for the late update!

Dedication goes to BasicallyJade for the cover! Song is She Moves In Her Own Way by The Kooks.

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------

 Of course, I couldn't just travel there by foot.

            It was a Brighton address, meaning I'd have to somehow find a method of transport to get me there. I considered a bus, but then crossed the option out when I remembered that the last one left over half an hour ago. As I struggled to find a solution, it became more and more likely that I would have to somehow arrive by car. I would've ordered for a cab, but I didn't have the sufficient amount of money available.

            During my struggle to find a resolution to my dilemma, I was still in the process of performing a show. I couldn't abandon it and dash off to Brighton the second I realised that a particular audience member was missing; I had to keep my promise to the people standing before me -- the ones who had paid good money to see our band perform. But while I sang songs which I usually were able to immense myself into in a matter of seconds, my mind was elsewhere. I couldn't concentrate on the lyrics I knew so well, or the familiar beat. All that I could focus on was delicate blonde hair and striking green eyes.

            Alex shot me a questioning look as I stuffed up a line to one of our original songs. I darted my eyes to the right and noticed that Will was also watching me with concern. He narrowed his eyes, averted them to the vacant spot which she would've sat at, and then returned the to me as if he was communicating in a secret code. He'd picked up on the fact that she was absent, and without a doubt the other boys had too. However, it didn't seem to affect their performance in the slightest. While I was forgetting the lyrics to songs I'd co-written myself, they were flawlessly playing their instruments like any other night.

            I glanced at the clock at the back of the room. It was hard to see through the smoke and flashing lights, but I somehow worked out that we had forty minutes left of stage time. And I was still yet to figure out how I would get to Brighton. I did own a car, but it was sitting in the garage back in Holmes Chapel, still remaining untouched for two months. I furrowed my brow as I belted out the final line of a song, slightly proud over the fact that I'd finally gotten it right this time.

            Although I couldn’t exactly be sure that she would be waiting for me there, there was something that made me feel so certain of it -- like I could feel it in my bones. As if there was a voice whispering in my ear, edging for me to go. It was persistent, offering arguments when I second guessed my decision, reminding me just how abundant I desired to see her again.

            Ten minutes left, and my mind was racing. Should I go, or shouldn’t I? No, you’re going. This is your last chance. But how on earth will I get there? I can’t ask Andy, our manager, to drive me there in the van. We have to be in London tomorrow. We don’t have time to go backwards. Unless…

            Over the last two songs I formulated a plan in my head. Once I knew was all set I was able to perform the final song to the best of my ability. I wouldn’t blame the audience if they no longer continued to listen to our music after that shocking beginning and middle, but I hoped the finale was enough to at least prevent them from demanding they got their money back.

            As we walked backstage I heard Will say into my ear “Are you sure you told the story of your encounter with her correctly, and you didn’t, you know, leave out a part where you said something stupid enough to stop her from attending shows?”