~5

~

_________________
_________________

✒️~ 5

Zombie. That was the word Damien would use to describe himself when he looked at the mirror minutes after waking up. He hadn't had much sleep since Nick had decided to be his alarm and wake him up with an early morning phone call. Nick had call to assure of Damien's presence today and that he had look at the PowerPoint he'd sent Damien.

"You can't be serious, Nicolas," Damien said when answering the unwanted call.

Damien sat on his bed refraining the urge to hang up.

"Were you sleeping? It's nine, Clarke."

"Do I really need to remind that I left your place a couple of hours ago?"

"When did you start needing so many hours of sleep, sleeping beauty?"

Damien rolled his eyes.

"Did you look at the PowerPoint already?"

"Nicolas, I just woke up. Well, you woke me up."

Nick chuckled. That was the closest of an apology Damien would get from Nick.

"I sent you a text minutes after you left telling you about it."

"I'm hanging up, Nick. I don't even know why answered the fucking call. "

"Take a look at the PowerPoint and don't be late, Clarke!" 

Damien barely had time to end the call that Nick had disconnected on the other line. Jeez! Couldn't a guy have a five minutes break? Nick was so lucky to be his best friend and that Damien considered him as a brother. Damien didn't know if it was such a good idea to return to his interrupted sleep. Whenever he did so, he'd always have a hard time waking up and sometimes he'd ended up not waking at all. No, it was best that he'd stay awake.

Besides he had some chores to take care of. First, he had planned to go to the garage for his car that had been acting up lately. Something he told himself he would do once done with work and his vacation started. But that never happened. Either he didn't make time for it, or he would forget about the engine problem of his car.

But it wasn't a good time to resolve the mechanical issue today since Damien had no idea how long he would need to stay at the garage, and he didn't want to spend the day without a car especially when he had plan to go somewhere. No, the risks were too high. He decided he would deal with it tomorrow.

After eating breakfast and taking a shower, Damien finally looked at the PowerPoint. It included 42 slides, and Damien had to admit that it was very properly presented and eye catching. He examined each slide trying to memorize the most of what he could, not that Damien expected to talk as much as Nick. But he didn't want to take any chances since it was Nick's career and credibility that were at stake.

He took a few breaks from the PowerPoint to look at his phone hoping Craig had texted him. But nada. Not a single text or call from Craig. One of the first thing that Damien did when waking up or when waking up by Nick was to first call Craig and then message him. Damien didn't receive a response from his boyfriend at neither of the two attempts to reach him. If felt like it, Damien could've harassed Craig until he answered but he knew that wasn't the solution. They had to meet up and then resolve together the issues they had.

Around noon, Damien had finished doing the due laundry and washed the pile of dishes in the sink. He was about to dress up when his cell rang. For a second, he desperately wished it was Craig returning his call, though he knew the chance of that was close to zero. Dana, his sister was the caller and Damien knew exactly the reason behind the call.