Strange Occurences

After several weeks of searching for AffimaX, we still had no leads to go on. At least it's easier to look without the law hunting us down. We stopped at a hotel to rest for the night, when Uni walked into my room. "Hey. You still up?" She asked while peeping her head through the slightly open door. "Yeah. I can't sleep for some reason. It feels as if someone else is inside me. But I don't know who." I told her. "Can I ask a favor?" She questioned. "Shoot." I replied lazily. "Can you teach me how to sword fight?" She asked hesitantly. "Why?" I inquire as I sat up on the bed. "I want to try impress Noire somehow. She trained me before, but it was a little too extreme." She said. "What did she have you do?" I ask. "Make me fight an ancient dragon right away." She responded. "Hm. Okay. Tomorrow morning at dawn. Don't sleep in." I said and turn off my lights. She closed the door and left for her own room.

The next morning I woke up a bit too early. The sun hadn't even risen yet. I decide to take a morning stroll to clear my mind. "Been awhile. Eh Brosy?" I heard a voice and a very familiar nickname. "Uzume?" I ask and look around. "Maybe yes, maybe no." She teased. I continue to search my surroundings to try and find her. "Where are you?" I asked. "I'm a lot closer than you think." She giggled. "I'm not a big fan of these games, Uzume." I said and waited for a response. No answer. "Uzume? Uzume?!" I start shouting. Still no response. She must have run off. It sounded like Uzume, but I felt a completely different vibe radiating off her voice. It sounded almost... malicious. "Hey." I heard a voice and turn around swiftly. It was just Uni. "Oh. Didn't think you'd actually show up." I said. "You seem a little on edge. What's up?" She asked. I couldn't tell her I was hearing things. She'd think I've gone crazy. "Nothing." I said and handed her a wooden sword. "We'll be training with that. Let's start. Training montage GOOOO!!!" I shout.

One Montage later...

"Phew. How was I?" She asked. "Sloppy." I said simply. "You said you wanted to impress Noire, but you can't even hit a huge Dogoo. Seriously! How do you miss a target that big?!" I asked. "I guess you're right..." She sighed. "Maybe I'm not cut out for swords." She said sadly. "Yeah. You do what you do best. I have an idea." I said. "What?" She asked. "You can teach yourself some new tricks." I suggested . "No. Noire isn't very interested in guns." Uni responded. "Hm. Well, I got nothing. Let's try again tomorrow. You can't give up without even trying." I said and we left back to the hotel. Later that night, I had to cook dinner for Noire and Uni since they can't cook for themselves. Like the night before, I felt someone else's presence inside me. I didn't know who it was, but it was very unsettling. I didn't even touch the food on my plate. "What's up, Nanu? You're not eating." Noire asked. I sighed and stood up. "I lost my appetite." I said and excused myself from the table. I left the hotel for awhile to clear my mine. "What's wrong, Brosy? Feeling uncomfortable?" I heard Uzume's voice in my head. "Where are you?" I asked. "Closer than you think." She responded. "What does that even mean?!" I shouted while searching. "Nanu?" Uni approached me. "Who are you talking to?" She asked. "No one. Sorry. What's up?" I asked. "I was worried, so I came out as soon as I finished eating." She said. "Oh. You don't need to worry about me. Let's get some sleep. We start at dawn again." I said and left the scene. I thought that was the end of it. But I was wrong. Everyday, her voice rings in my head. As if she's trying to tell me something. Every time I ask where she is, her answer is always the same. "I'm closer than you think." She repeats. "What does that mean?" I ask myself again. I grip my head and jerk it upward. "GAAH!! I CAN'T FIGURE THIS OUT AT ALL!!!" I shout and knock Uni off balance while she trained. "What?!" She asked and ran up to me. "...Nothing. Just thinking." I breathe out. "Doesn't sound like nothing." She said. "What's on your mind?" She asked. "Not important. Let's do some sparing." I said and stood up. I know it's a bad idea, but I need to vent out my anger and frustration on someone. "Remember, this is a real fight. Try to kill me." I said. After an hour of swinging and shouting, I had knocked Uni on the ground. "Are you alright?" I panted and helped her up. "Yeah. What got into you?" She asked as she took my hand. "Yeah. Just venting my anger." I replied. "Really? Is that all?" She questioned further. "Yeah." I responded and left her there. I must have been venting to hard. The world started to spin and I lost my balance, stumbling around and soon falling on my side. I heard Uni call me, telling me to wake up, but my vision soon faded to black.

I groaned and sat up from what seemed to be a bed. I look around and see that I was in the Planeptune Basilicom. "What happened?" I asked myself. "You've been asleep for a whole week now. Neptune came by your location to get you ready for our battle with AffimaX, but heard you had collapsed three days before she had arrived. We thought it best to bring you here to treat you. Surprisingly, you were not injured in the slightest, but your Share energy was rather low." Histoire explained. I lay back down on my back and look up at the ceiling. "Where's big sis and Nepgear now?" I asked. "Out playing hooky, I would assume." She replied. "They were supposed to gather more Shares for you, but it's still incredibly low. As if someone is stealing them." She added. I just stared at the ceiling for a while, oblivious to the outside world. Soon, big sis and Nepgear came back with Rom, Ram, Blanc, and Vert. "Alright! The gang's all here!" Big sis yelled. "Can you keep it down? You're giving me a migraine." I said tiredly. "Sorry." She said quietly and turned down her volume. First I hear voices, now my Shares are disappearing? What is happening to me?