Chapter 1

I was walking home. My headphones blasting music. I cant hear a sound at all. I had a horrible day at school. I just wanted to get home to throw myself to my bed.

   Then someone taps on my left shoulder so I turn my head to find no on was there. Then my headphones got ripped off my head, great one of the girls from school probably messing with me. So I just kept walking ignoring them. I heard the foot steps behind me stop. Then i hear.

   "You know how hypercritical you can be sometimes. Cause i remember hearing almost everyday 'Your gonna go deaf listening to muaic were you cant hear a thing' but look at you!"

    I only would say that to one person ever in my life. I turned around to find my beat friend who moved out of the city years ago.

   "James!" i yelled and ran towards him.

   By the time i reached him he picked me up and spinned me around. He put me down but we kept hugging. I havent seen him in  3 years. He's the only one who gets me. 

   "You gotta see my mom."

    "God i haven't seen your mom in forever how is she."

    "She's great she'll be better if sje see's you."

    "Well then lets go."

   We walked to my house. Laughing and talking like we always did because we were neighbors before he moved. We walked to my house and I took out my key which has the mockingjay pin from the hunger games painted on it and unlocked the door.

   "Nice."He smiled

   "Mom. Look who I found."

   My mom looking away from the dishes. Her face lit up.

   "James! Hi how've you been." She said drying her hands and walks over to us. She gives James a huge hug.

   "Hi Ms.Blake." He said

   We sat down on the couch and of course fought over the remote. We ended up not even watching what was on the t.v. we just talked forever it seemed like.

   I really have missed my best friend. Without him I'm another loner at school. It's kind of funny how we met.