Chapter 4: My Bad

Spring break is coming up!! Ooh yes! Anyways, enjoy!

Sasha: Gigi Hadid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
December 14, 2016
11:11 pm
Zayn POV

The feeling of the wind running through my hair as I cruise down the highway is a feeling I'm used to. What I'm not used to is rejection. I've almost crashed into 4 cars by jumping from lane to lane, but I could care less. Luckily, I had a blunt hidden in the glove compartment and my lighter. I'm smoking the joint with one hand and driving with the other. Coming up on my right is the sign for Bailey's Bar and Pool. I like that place; plus it serves some really strong scotch. Perfect to forget about Robert aka Niall Horan aka Vile Horan aka the-whole-reason-why-i-let-myself-come-out-as-gay. But whatever. The weed is already kicking in. I feel my body vibrate....ahh yeah, that's the shit.

I get off the exit and enter Bailey's parking lot. I look up and see the few stars that peep out and the full moon that accentuates them. I smoke the last of the blunt and get out my car. I lock it and enter Bailey's. The place is dim as always, but today the place is crowded for a Wednesday. I spot an empty seat at the bar and head over there.

"Whatcha havin', son?" says the bartender.

"Scotch, with 2 ice," I tell him. He nods and goes to prepare the drink.

My phone starts to buzz. I forgot I turned it off. I wait til it finishes turning on, and a million notifications pop up.

Robby😍: Zayn answer me pls

Robby😍: Look, I need to talk to you

(16 missed calls from Robby😍)

Robby😍: please call me

Robby😍: I didn't mean to stop us talking this way.

Now he wants to talk? Fuck him. I clear my lock screen and lock my phone.

"Here ya go, son," the bartender says. I grumble a half-hearted 'thank you' and take a drink.

I put my head down and close my eyes, replaying what had happened earlier on today. I'm so stupid to think that I would be with Robert...I'm sorry, Niall Horan. And I was going to introduce him as my boyfriend tomorrow on Ellen's show.  Ugh, love does make you do stupid things.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid," I mutter every time I bang my head on the bar.

"Hey there, partner. We wouldn't want any brain damage, would we? Especially not you," says a feminine voice. I look up and see the most gorgeous woman I've ever laid my eyes on. Her blond hair and baby blue eyes have me mesmerized. She's wearing a gray beanie with a white blouse and jean shorts. I don't see any makeup on her face. She doesn't need it.

"I would like some brain damage right now," I comment. She smiles as she settles into the barseat.

"One lime margarita, please," she orders. I lift my head up and down my drink. The bartender brings her drink and automatically refills mine. She stirs the drink with the small straw.

"What brings you here to this fine bar?" I ask her. She turns to me.

"Mmmm," she says as she finishes her sip. "I uh...I just need a little expensive alcohol, is all. You?"

"I got dumped," I reply. "And it wasn't even official."

"Oh, that sucks. That's how I was dumped too, by my girlfriend."