Chapter 2

"They can't keep me in here for much longer..." I muttered only moments after they left, kicking the wall. I had lived here all my life, but I was finally planning to escape, after 11 gruelling years of labour, stress and restless nights. Finally, I was getting the respect I deserve, but will I be accepted? With these wolf ears and tail, that would hardly be a surprise if I didn't...

Experiment 11 didn't have the best start in life. She was thrown into a world of science as a baby and people experimented on her, used her, over-worked her and made her into a guinea pig at their disposal. When she is finally let free, will she be hiding for much longer? But when a gorgeous plot twist enters her life, that would be a massive struggle!

"That's weird." I said out-loud, "This seems to be completely different to 'Death Note'."

However, I kept on reading.

Ten years later, I had read my books around 40 times over as well as some others, like Death Note, Attack On Titan, One Piece, Naruto and more.

There had been clothes in the drawer, so I was sorted there and I had no use for food.

Looking in the mirror, I noticed the drastic change in between when I first got here and now.

I was taller, thinner and had more prominent cheek-bones. My brown hair was down to the top of my thighs. However, over the years, my eye colour started to gradually change. One eye was a bright blue, like a summer sky, and the other a blood red. My ears and tail also grew longer and less bushier.

"Light?" I yelled, "Can I go now?"

Light Yagami never let me out. he said 'only until someone's read the book.'

"Yes." He replied. Wait... that means...

"REALLY?" I shouted, ecstatic.

"Yeah, just a mile away from here is a Town called Bristol. The person who has read your books lives there with 3 other people who have read it as well. They're in a band called 'Area 11'." My brother told me once he had walked through the door.

"Go." He pointed at the door. I nodded, walking towards the exit, before pausing.

"Oh, Light?" I asked, "Thanks."

Half an hour later, I arrived at Bristol. It was late at night, so only a few people were around, but I still put my hoodie up, although only people couldn't see me anyway unless they'd read the book.

"Hey, Tom, that gig was so cool!" Someone behind me told one of his friends. Eh, probably a garage band.

"Yeah, everyone was chanting 'Area 11!" Over and over again!" He replied. I paused, probably sending the band into me, but it never came. In fact, they went through me! They noticed, and turned round. I pretended it didn't happen, walking normally. Shrugging it off, they went on their way. Area 11? I guess I'll have to follow them.

I turned into an alleyway, a ladder to the top of a roof. Grinning, I took it, glad that I only have to hide from 4 people and not the whole town. Soon, I was on a roof, overlooking Bristol. Catching the band in the corner of my eye, I followed them carefully until they stopped at a house, presumably theirs.

Sneaking in from the open window, I came in on that Tom guy's bedroom.

"JUST GOING TO BED!" Tom yelled.

Oh loving crap.

I opened the wardrobe, and stuffing myself inside, I threw his pyjamas on the floor, hoping he wouldn't open it.

Long story short: He didn't.