Prologue

Okay, so this is a story near and dear to my heart. I wrote it a while ago and now I'm revisiting it to share it with you guys. It starts out a little slow but bear with me because once the story does pick up, it does so very fast! Lots of love~BB

The children cry. The women scream. The men who are home hold back hollers and try to comfort their families, despite their shaking insides. The ground rumbles and moans, the pressure of the many feet that speed across its surface with their clinking armor, sharp swords, abysmal eyes, and praying souls, is too much for it to hold. The sound of the horses clopping hoofs bring the villagers hope and fear at the same time. They think: Is our king sending out more troops? Or has the time come for our enemy to over throw our palace? 

Blood splatters the ground, the ash of burning houses take place of the air. Children run abandoned and take cover by the rubble surrounding them. Thousands of deaths. Millions more to come. All foreseen but gone unspoken.

***

Through the trees lies another world, Meladorn. A place full of magic and secrets. The flitting of wings and the ominous singing fill the Queen's ears as she paces in her castle. The people are unhappy, they are growing anxious, and ever so pressing. They're whispers cut like needles through the sky. More time is needed.

"Patience my children, she is coming." She says. Her arms raise, eyes closing in concentration. Blinding white light fills the kingdom, scorching the air. Voices raise as does the singing, until all is quiet. The realm is plummeted into darkness and silence as the Queen tumbles to the ground.