Chapter One

(Kellin's POV)

"Oh no, oh no. I can't believe this I lost it. I've been looking everywhere for it, but I guess I must have lost it at school. It's been about a year now that I've been planning "it", and I know that sounds really messed up. Who on earth prolongs their suicide for about a year. I guess that would be me. There's no real reason why I haven't, I'm just scared. I'm not scared of death, just of what comes after. I just don't want to be here anymore. Of course I know that my mom is going to be affected, but we aren't even that close. But for now I'll sleep and continue looking for the note tomorrow at school.

-

I had not found the note and it was now Thursday and I was heading to the courtyard for lunch. I usually sit alone and listen to music and zoned out. The bell rang and I headed for Spanish class where I sat with my only friend Lynn, but she didn't know about my plan which made me sad sometimes. I've known Lynn for three years now and I wanted to tell her but I didn't have the guts to do so. She was incredibly talented and very pretty, which just made me wonder why on earth she would want to be friends with me in the first place.

"Hey Kellin."

"Hey."

"Did you do the spanish homework?"

"Yeah, Did-" I was interrupted by the teacher beginning class. I sat down in my seat and Lynn sat in hers across the room. I was only somewhat listening, I tend to daydream a lot. Before I knew it the bell was ringing. Lynn and I were walking to our next class, A.P Music Theory.

"Hey, we should go to the mall on Saturday."

"Sure."

AP Music Theory was probably my favorite class. I mean I am so obsessed with music, but it's even more interesting to learn how it is all formed by somethings written on paper. Currently we are learning about major key signatures. It was all going fine until the last twenty minutes of class.

I was doing my work while Lynn went to the bathroom, when out of nowhere Victor Fuentes, one of the most popular guy in school, sat across me. I honestly didn't know what to do, so I just continued my work. He was just staring at me, and I was praying to every god and goddess out there that Lynn would hurry up and come back.

Victor finally spoke up, "Um, are you Kellin Quinn, right?" I glanced up and nodded. "Well,um I-I think this might be yours," he said holding out a folded piece of paper. I instantly knew what it was and started to freak out, in that very moment I wanted to implode.

"Yes, thank you" I said rushed took the note. I can't be here, I was starting to lose control of my breathing. I needed to get out of here, so I grabbed my backpack from the floor, stood up, and started walking towards the door. The teacher, Ms.Bloom, and I were rather close and she gave my a limited amount of passes to leave class if needed. This was the third time so far.

Victor stood up and followed me, "Kellin, um, I know I don't know you or anything, but are you okay?" he sounded, concerned? I didn't say anything I just continued walking.

At this point I was sprinting down the hall towards the exit. When I got home I went upstairs and flopped on my bed. I screamed into my pillow until my throat felt sore. As I sat up in my bed a million thoughts ran through my head about what can happen tomorrow."What if he showed the counselor? Or the principal? What if he showed his friends? Is he going to use this as blackmail?" I kept thinking and thinking until my phone started ringing. 

As I answered the phone I was greeted by Lynn yelling and scolding at me for leaving her behind. "LIKE REALLY WHAT THE HELL MAN? I GO TO THE BATHROOM FOR A FEW MINUTES AND YOU DITCH ME?! I THOUGHT WE WERE BEST FRIENDS!" I waited for her to somewhat calm down before I replied, "Well, you've done it to me before. So what's the problem?"

"Wha? I have never ditch you. Did I?"

"Yes. Yes you have, actually you've done it 3 times!!" I exclaimed at her trying to turn this on her.

"Well...I don't remember so those don't count." I chuckled.

"Anyways why did you ditch me?" She ask. I knew this was coming, but I didn't want to tell her. Lynn and I knew everything about each other, well almost everything, and she knows when I'm lying even before I begin to speak.

"I don't want to talked about it." I mumbled. I know that she notice the change in my tone but at least this way I wasn't really lying.

"Okay, but you know I'm here for you dude. Always.I'll pick you up tomorrow,okay?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll be fine so I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." I hung up. Mom was still at work and would probably would not come back for about five more hours. I decided to shower. I got my towel, went into the bathroom, undressed myself, got in and turned on the water. The event of today hit me like the water hit my skin. I didn't know what to do, I lost it. I probably spent an hour crying in the shower and the water was freezing cold by now. I got out and wrapped the towel around my waist. Looking in the mirror, I was scared, but I realized that that wouldn't help me. I needed to be assured that Victor had not and will not tell anyone. My mind was made up, I was going to confront him, I mean I have three classes with him. I was exhausted by now so I went into my bedroom and fell asleep listening to music.

A/N: Sorry for any mistakes. Thank you for reading :)