[01]

Sofie would describe herself as plain

Sofie would describe herself as plain. Plain brown hair, plain green eyes, average face, average height, no boobs... She could list pages of things that she deemed as what defined her as plain.

She was anything but. Of course, she'd never believe you.

Her mother would tell her off when she was younger, when she was around, for being ungrateful, ungraceful, ungrammatical and bland. Of all things for a mother to call their daughter, bland should never be the main adjective. Unless, of course, you wanted the word bland to be embedded into the subconscious of said daughter for the rest of her life, tearing down her self confidence in any and all ways possible. That was probably the idea.

Bland, ungrateful, ungrammatical, ungraceful, plain. Ungrateful, ungrammatical, ungraceful, plain, bland. Ungrammatical, ungraceful, plain, bland, ungrateful. Ungraceful, plain, bland, ungrateful, ungrammatical. Plain, bland, ungrateful, ungrammatical, ungraceful.

Plain, plain, plain, plain. Plain.

She was not. She will not believe you. She will not believe him.

He could tell her, he dreams about telling her. How absolutely in love he is with her. How when their eyes meet, her eyes lightening the entire world, his eye always lost in their light. Her smile, the real one she saved for the best people, was the most beautiful thing about her. The way her nose would scrunch up when she was blushing or laughing. Her laugh, one that constantly changed, would bring a smile upon his lips. Her hair, a natural chocolate shine; long, short, curled, straight or in its natural wave looked perfect in his eyes. Straight out of bed, hair knotted in a French braid, no makeup  to cover her freckles and small smattering of teenage spots was his favourite. He, in simpler terms, loved her.

Not just her beauty or body, but her soul too.

Henrik and Sofie had been friends since the age of two. Each other's first real friend. Before, when Henrik had thought that girls had 'cooties' and that even being around a girl who wasn't family meant you'd get them, he had thought of her as a sister. He acted like her brother even though she was older than him ("Nine weeks! It's not even that much!") and had two brothers of her own. He stepped out of that role by the age of thirteen.

Henrik and William, Sofie's older twin ("A hour doesn't count!"), got along great. They weren't necessarily the definition of best friends but they liked each other and Will was the only Magnusson who didn't look like he wanted to kill him, including Sofie... although her threats were mainly playful. Henrik and Nikolai however, did not see eye to eye. Nico would smile in front of his sisters, his mother and father and even his brother when he felt like it, but as soon as Nikolai was alone his warm smile would turn sickly and sinister. Henrik made sure he was never in a room alone with Nico again.