My Dream

I was going to my friends house for a party we were throwing for our friends. She lives right across from my house and I went over early to set up. The party was going great we were having fun talking being stupid. A few hours later we were on the front porch just sitting and talking. Then I see my step-father pull into the drive-way. He stumbles on the porch after a night of drinking as usual. I think Great this outta be good. My brother was downstairs in the basement playing x-box being loud nothing different. There was nobody home, but us two, so no one was going to stop him. My step-father yells down the stairs and tells my brother to shut up. A couple of minutes later, my brother comes up the stairs mad as anything.  The next thing i know, they are arguing and I hear glass being thrown and shattering. My brother yelling in pain. I remember we had wine glasses in the cabinet. My step-father was yelling, "Yeah, you like that! That's what you get!" My mother was nowhere to be found. I start freaking and panicking. I bust out in tears and my friends are trying to calm down, but I could tell they were scared too. Then all of a sudden, I see an ambulance coming up to my house. One of my friends must've call 911. I run across the street and ask my brother, "What's wrong, what's happening?" He says, "my arm is cut." Then i see his arm and it is tore up there is nothing but blood. Meanwhile my step-father is yelling curses. I bust out in more tears. Then I wake up to my alarm. I realize where I am and really bust out in tears.

My name is Heidi, I will never forget this dream. It was just a dream, but a dream that made me realize I truly love my brother and will always love him. He has always protected me even though he is annoying all the time.