Chapter 2

Chapter 1 | for all things holy

For this book, I think at the beginning I will do a tally of the total votes for each boy, because I can.
The Best Friend: 4
The Foreign Prince: 0
The Outlaw: 2

Alright, let's hop into it!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All morning, and through 3 pm, the castle staff worked their butt off preparing for the ball. It was gorgeous everywhere you looked, and it only made me more excited. I walk to the ballroom, where I would be sitting, awaiting my guests. Staff flew through the doors, and a calm boy, the same age as I, floated bubbly towards me.

He was wearing day clothes, not a suit like most men, but easy but nice commoner clothes. He had black, long hair, that poked out at points, but layed perfectly in a friendly, cute style. His blue eyes jumped with excitement, and he had small freckles painted on his cheeks. It was my bestfriend Ezekiel, and I got up, and i squealed running to him.

He opened his arms, and I hugged him tightly. "Oh my God today's the day..." I said, sighing in his chest. He hugged me, and sighed as well.

"You look gorgeous, your going to do great." He smiled, and I looked him in the eye, and I smiled back. "You always knew how to cheer me up" A faint blush brushed over his spotted cheeks, and he nodded.

"You deserve it, you deserve alot." I giggled, and I skipped a few steps away from him, and I spun around. "Just think about it... me, dancing with my prince charming, oh I can't wait!" I sighed romantically, and he looked away, his blush growing, and he looked slightly angry.

"But I'm your Prince charming..." He mumbled to himself, and I spun around, my eyebrow raised. "What did you say?" I asked, and he waved it off. "Nothing, it was nothing." I stared at his unsure response, and I shrugged it off.

We hung out while they prepared for my ball, and my mom and his mom walked in together.

Our parents were really good friends back in the day, at least that's what they say. Alya, Ezekiel's mom, works at a news buisness, that broadcasts the castle and such. Alya, which I call auntie Alya, because let's face it, we're basically family, comes over all the time, and we're super close. I tell Alya all the gossip I know, because shes one of those people who you just want to pour yourselves out to.

Auntie Alya and my mom were laughing as they walked towards us, and Alya looked at my mom with that one look. I mean, I don't know what it means, but mom and Ezekiel seem to.

Ezekiel began shaking his head quickly, and his face turned beet red. "Ezekiel!" My mom said, walking up to him and hugging him. "Are you staying for the ball tonight? Or we could forget the ball and you two could get married right now!" She punched Ezekiel's shoulder, and I felt my face heat up.

Marry Ezekiel? He's just a friend to me.. I never really thought of our relationship that way. Should I consider it? No, I don't think I could. I just don't see him that way..

Now that Alya's mom was here, and so was my mom, we had a fun time talking till 2:30, and Ezekiel left so he could go change. Since I was already ready, I sat in my chair, and brought in Luciel to touch up my hair and makeup.

The time was finnaly here. It was 2:55, and I sat, practicing my breathing. I was too nervous to think for myself, and I looked around frantically, as most of the staff began to clear out. A few stayed though, to help and tend to the other things.

Not a minute late of 3, I heard horse heels clicking outside of the palace. My first guest! The clicking stopped, and I could hear footsteps gradually getting louder, and then finnaly, I saw a lovely man, his hair long and blonde, his outfit fit for a king. His jewelry and his one earing shone through a blue and Emerald color, and I blushed at the sight of such a lovely man, and I was envious, because he was much more prettier than I would ever be.

He walked to me with great grace, his heeled boots clicking as he walked to me. I wanted to stand up, and drop my jaw in the sight of such a lovely man, but I held my composure, and I smiled graciously as he walked to me. I held my hand out to him, and he picked it up lightly, and he kissed it lightly.

My heart skipped a beat, and my hand still tingled, and will tingle for a long time. "Hello my Dear Lady, my name is Luscious Henry. I do hope you enjoy your time with me dear." He said, and I could immediately tell his british accent was strong. He wasn't from my small kingdom, which made me even more envious.

He looked around slowly, his beautiful hair moving elegantly with his head swivel. He chuckled, and turned back to me. "It seems I'm the only one here.. that's a bit awkward don't you think?" I laughed as well, my hand over my mouth as I nodded. I could feel the sweat forming and pickling my neck from nervousness, and I wanted more people to fill in.

A few minutes of talking about.. pressing matters, there was at least 30 more people. The awkwardness subsided slightly after many of the people greeted me with shy smiles and mildly well posture. You could tell commoners from nobels from the way they acted and dressed, because the commoners dressed less well, and they acted much shyer.

Eventually, Ezekiel got back, and he looked ravishing in his new suit. It looked better than a nobels suit, even though it was made of lesser material, which personally surprised me that I favored him over the loveliness of the nobels.

"Aye, I'm going to go out for some fresh air, please make sure the men here get food." Ezekiel nodded, and walked off, his smile contagious and spreading to the nervous commoners and nobels.

I strolled out of the castle, and I giggled, running to the castle wall. I used to love feeling the wall, the smooth, cold stone, and the soft but prickly vines. I took a breathe in, about three steps away from the wall, when I heard two rustles behind the wall. I jumped back, and held my fists up, scared.

"Wh- who's there? I demand you show yourself!" There was a pause, and a loud rustle, and I saw a black feature launch off the top of the wall and over the wall. It landed with mild crunches in front of me, and I began to make out facial features. Smoky red hair, piercing red and black eyes, a small, muscly build, and a dirty complection. I was slightly scared, but also very intrigued and excited by the guest, who seemed attractive as well.

"Hello Princess, it truly is an honor to be in the presence of such a smart, beautiful young lady."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's it for now!!! So how do you like Ezekiel?? What about Luscious, that study man?? And who is this suspicious guy who jumped the garden fence?? Comment your guesses, and check out the next chapter for the reveal!! If you liked the story, make sure you click that star and add it to your library, because that really helps me out!! And don't forget to vote for Emma's Prince charming!!!

LOVE YOU ALL,

~Alyssa