8: plastic taste

[NY]

The dimly lit apartment held two men inside, currently huddled on the couch under a fluffy blue blanket. One of them, Joji, the younger, wore fluffy socks he got as a present. The other, Ian, had bony, sock-less feet, his long legs entangled with the other boy's. In front of them was a television, broadcasting a show about hackers. The two have managed to sift through the first season quickly, as they watched the episodes back to back. Now, they were on the last few episodes of the show. It currently is 3AM in the morning and there they sit awake. Slowly, Joji's eyelids start to droop, causing him to lean into Ian's neck. Yawning, he lazily puts an arm over Ian's stomach.

"Tired, huh?"

Joji hums lazily, while Ian sighs. Ian tugs lightly on Joji's hoodie, urging the younger boy look up at him. "Hey, hey, let's get you to bed."

Hollowly, Joji laughs, rubbing his eyes. He lets Ian pull him up. Ian drapes the blanket over Joji's shoulders, and ties a knot around his neck. Joji felt six years old again, remembering the times he idolised various superheroes, namely Batman. Why Batman? Mostly because Superman sucks.

Ian laces his fingers with Joji's, promptly switching off the television. Smiling lazily, Joji allows Ian to lead him into the bedroom. Ever since Ian's visit, the apartment looked slightly better, cleaner even, surprisingly. He has been here for almost a week now; the two boys discussed video ideas for future collaborations, binge watched TV shows, and movies. Occasionally, Joji brings Ian out to eat and explore New York together.

Here they are now, sitting on the edge of Joji's bed.

Silently, they look at eachother, not saying anything. Ian's eyes trail all over Joji, from the curve of his Adam's Apple, the shape of his plump lips, and those endlessly brown eyes. His eyes move to Joji's ear piercing; today he wore a simple black stud. Joji grins, breaking Ian's trance.

"You're being gay, Ian." Joji falls against the bed with a soft thump, chuckling. Ian joins him, laughing to himself quietly. They both lie on their backs, staring at the blank white ceiling. All Ian can think of were the glow in the dark stars he used to have in his bedroom as a kid.

"Can we stargaze sometime?" Ian asks.

"We already have, haven't we?" Joji scoffs. "What haven't we done together?"

"Have sex."

Joji's eyes widen, turning to Ian. Ian has a shit-eating grin on his face, like one of a serial killer's.

Groaning, Joji gets under the covers, throwing a pillow at Ian. "Go to sleep."

:::

"Hey daddy, watcha cookin?"

Jumping, Joji almost drops the pan. He turns to the the source of the voice, despite knowing fully well who the person was. "Ian, what the fuck?"

Ian laughs, leaning against the breakfast bar. "What, no apron?"

Snorting, Joji continues to focus on making mediocre pancakes. "No, and I'm not living up to your dark fantasies."

"You're no fun."

Expertly flipping the pancake with a flick of his wrist, Joji slides it onto a plate, clad with a small stack of pancakes and bacon. He gives the plate to Ian. "Shut up and eat, man."

"What do I get for dessert?"

"A punch to the dick."