/1\

Second position. Plie. Hold. Up. The repetitive action done over and over again. Hand up. Plie. Hold the bar. Leg up. Again and again.
"Frankie keep that leg straight,"
"Yes miss" I straighten my leg and breathe. Little needles feel like their being stabbed into my leg, but I ignore it.
"Release," I drop my leg and exhale,
"You may go, well done today class," I run out of class scratching my ballet shoes. I pick up my bag and walk into the bathroom. I'm going to the gym today. I change into some jog bottoms and a tank top.

I sign into the gym and walk towards the punching bags. I wrap bandages around my hand and punch,

Flashback

"Come closer Frankie," a shadow beckons me closer, I shake my head no. I'm not ready for another beating,I just got one this morning. "I SAID CLOSER," Something rough connects with my face and I fall to the floor. Something sharp connects with my arm and I look down to see, 'Michael' embedded into it. It floods with blood and I scream then everything goes black.

End of Flashback

I scream and hit the punching the bag so hard it breaks. I look over my shoulder to see an emotinless face staring at me. His peircing grey eyes feel like their looking into my soul. I whip my head down cursing my tight ballet bun.  I walk towards the exit sweat beading down my forehead. I pull on my hoodie and cover my face with the hood.

I stand in front of an abandoned building and walk inside. Home Sweet Home. I edge towards where my camp is. Another night with no food I spent most my money on ballet and gym equipment. It was worth it. I scavenge around to find some dry wood. Another night without warmth. I lie down on the wooden planks and let darkness consume me.