N - Competetive Fangirling

Yes I know I have issues.

Enjoy

* * *

Okay...so how do I say this?

Well, first you should know that I'm a huge fan of the Korean music industry, Kpop in particular though I do enjoy the songs of some of the older trot singers too (Yoon Bok Hee is bae).

I like to think I'm mostly a very chill, casual fan of many groups. I enjoy the music and dancing and the music videos and have done for many years.

My first experience with a Kpop group was H.O.T - and no I'm not actually that old, I just know someone who is both old and Korean (she's 28 now lol) and she did a cover of H.O.T in her music class and when I asked her about the song she showed me pictures of these guys that genuinely looked like chickens and I was just so fascinated that I went home and spent the next 12 hours going through kpop group videos.

I guess you could say it was the first generation of Kpop Idols that pulled me into the scene but I didn't actually become an active fan until I was introduced to the second generation.

Now as you can see, I've had an eye on the kpop industry for a while. I remember watching TVXQ's comeback stages way back when and I remember my first ever Big Bang interview and Super Junior still makes my heart weak. MBLAQ, SHINee, B2ST, UKiss, C.N Blue, FT Island, Fin.K.L, Baby Vox, G.NA, Jewelry, Secret, Kara, After School, Girls Generation, 2NE1, 4Minute - I have seen everything they have to offer from a young age okay.

Groups like EXO, BTS, GOT7, Mamamoo, NCT, Seventeen, BlackPink are all still newbies in my eyes. Like they debuted around 5-6 years ago some of them but if they never appeared on the original Star Golden Bell then chances are I still see them as newbies.

Like I remember when some EXO members appeared in a TVXQ music video and some SNSD promotion material or something ( I don't remember exactly who or what) and when Rapmon was a kid who did covers and occasionally released an original rap or freestyle thing.

The reason I'm emphasising all this is because I get competitive okay.

I love talking to fans about Kpop, I love gushing over my baes and singing along to songs and laughing about TV appearances - it's literally to the point where when I tried to write 'TV' my phone automatically changed it to TVXQ.

WHAT I HATE is when someone acts like they like Kpop more than me.

See, I am what you might call, a competitive person and usually, I can keep that in check, usually, it doesn't really affect me that badly. Sometimes, though, sometimes I snap - those times are when someone tries to even accidentally imply that they are more knowledgeable than me when it comes to Kpop and the general Hallyu wave scene.

I don't enjoy that.

I'm so competitive about this shit that I literally taught myself Korean okay. I understand most spoken Korean and don't need subs to understand a good 60% of what they're saying - I still prefer having subs because I tend to miss a lot of things and slang, inside jokes and cultural references, still fly way over my head (translator-army are amazing and deserve so much love) BUT STILL I taught myself Korean because of spite and hatred for people who think they know more than me.

I spend SO FUCKING LONG streaming and SPEND ACTUAL FUCKING MONEY buying albums and use APKs to install Korean apps so that I can VOTE for my groups during KOREAN award shows and BUY MUSIC STREAMING PASSES from KOREAN apps so that I can help my group go up in KOREAN MUSIC WEBSITE rankings and SPEND actual time pulling other people into the fandom so more people stan by bias group AND I DON'T NEED YOU TO TELL ME THAT YOU KNOW MORE THAN ME.

I KNOW MORE THAN YOU SHITHEADS COULD EVER KNOW (unless you're Korean, in which case you, of course, have an overwhelming victory over my ignorant ass).

FUCK YOU.

* * *

LOL

Vote

Comment

Follow Us

Bye