Owen Levine

To say it was an unusual encounter to be embraced by a neighbour would be an understatement.

I stood on the front doorstep, my head wrapped within strong cologne, a strong cheek bone and a light stubble. All that belonged to a specific person, profusely apologizing. Wiggling the upper half of my head out of his protruding shoulder, I gasped for some air through my nose and scowled at no one in particular.

Owen kept his arms wrapped around my upper body like I was going to disappear into thin air, apologizing for god knows what. I cleared my throat, tapping a hand over his back, my voice muffled against his chest. "Owen." I groused.

"Mhmm?" He asked, not releasing my neck that was choking between the bend of his elbow.

I coughed internally. "You're killing me."

"Hmm." He smiled, his cheeks bundling against my temples.

"Help." I whispered dramatically, fiercely tugging on his shirt so he would let go.

"First accept my apology." He added and I was prepared to warn him that I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, waiting to take my soul.

"You'll kill me before I can." I choked out with great effort, practically pounding on his back. Oh that's right, he's made of metal. Explains why he's not feeling my hand making a bruise in the shape of a fist on his back. "Okay I accept your apology and forgive you for all future slip-ups. Now let go." I stated fast and coughed until my life depended on it when he released me.

Rubbing my neck, I smacked his arm with the back of my hand pulling an annoyed expression. He casually strolled inside, making a beeline for the kitchen cabinet. With almost a dozen brown paper bags in his arms, he settled them all on the counter before emptying his pockets consisting of his wallet, loose change, his phone and a chain of keys to his car, his house and this house.

Whose house was this again?

Considering we weren't living in a rich area and the roof we were under was almost at the bottom of the middle class chain, it was safe to say watching random people walk into random houses, wasn't odd.

I shook my head, my hair flying over my shoulders. I slammed the door close and stalked back to my cereal. Hopping on the stool, I scanned all the bags and lifted my eyebrows. "Are we having a party?"

Owen who was currently bending over and had his head shoved inside the bottom kitchen cabinet -looked over his shoulder. "No why?" He pulled out a large black pot mainly used to cook roasts.

I blinked in confusion. "What's with the beer and snacks and paper plates and - god knows what else?"

He turned his back to me. "Paper plates are for my lazy ass to avoid washing plates and not get scolded by you. Snacks and foods are for you and your mates when you like to hang out here, excluding the boys that I've never met and the beer is for me." He finished handing me a smile that would've worked its charm if I didn't see a sibling look in him. He opened the cupboard with a few cups and saucers.

I nodded my head, taking a spoonful of my cocoa pops. "Right. And the condoms are for me as well?"

"What?" He turned his head again, his eyebrow smacking into the ajar cupboard door. I grinned, snickering when he cursed fluently, rubbing the sore area. "What condoms?!"

"I don't know, you tell me." I grinned, taking another spoonful.

He gave me an odd look, replacing it with a droll stare. Rolling his eyes at me, he replied. "Alright smart ass, are you done with your revenge?"

I wiped the milk on my chin and shrugged. "No. Don't blame me if I try again."

"Ha! Just try, you'll get a backhand." It was my turn to roll my eyes. Something he didn't miss and ignore. "Maybe even call Bate to bodyguard you while you're in school." He added, leaving me to gawk.