Chapter 1

"Fennelkit! Weaselkit!" Sedgewhisker wailed worryingly. The patrol of cats were searching for the missing kits as Crowfeather scoffed.

"What is with kits and sneaking out of camp." He muttered sniffing the ground for any recognizable scent.

"Kits get to be too explorable these days." Emberfoot stated, continue down the slope. "Don't worry Sedgewhisker I'm sure they are fine, we'll find them soon."

"I hope they are fine." The light brown tabby sighed. A bark sounded from far away, and the patrol glanced at each other before looking to Crowfeather, the patrol leader.

"We better check it out," he stated dashing towards the bark while Sedgewhisker pushed ahead, frighten that her kits were being attacked.

Another bark sounded as they spotted the yellow figure in the distance. The patrol made their way down and spotted the kits with a small pup. The pup was barking at another dog, even though it wasn't that big.

Fennelkit and Weaselkit were hiding behind the smaller dog, frightened by the larger one. The dog just snarled at the pup before the patrol of cats came and scared it off.

"Fennelkit, Weaselkit!" Sedgewhisker started relieved. The pup was backing away as the patrol growled and hissed at it. Fennelkit dashed after the pup.

"Stop! He saved us!"

"He is a hound and invading our territory." Leaftail stated, hissing at the small golden pup.

Weaselkit stood in front of the patrol. "If it wasn't for him, we would have been eaten by that other dog!" He looked towards his mother, who looked into the pup's eyes.

They seemed to shine, and Sedgewhisker just knew, that the pup meant no harm and wanted to bring it back. The light brown tabby smiled softly.

"Enough, lets take the pup back to camp, it won't live long out here alone." The Queen stated nudging the pup to follow.

Crowfeather snarled. "Are you mouse-brained? When that pup grows it won't even fit in camp, drive it out. Dogs don't belong with cats."

Sedgewhisker stood tall as the pup stood next to her kits. "I will do no such thing, I have high hopes for this pup and who said he would be in camp forever? He is only slightly larger then the kits, so he won't be fully grown for moons."

Emberfoot let out a sigh, looking to Crowfeather he spoke. "Let's just see what Onestar will have to say, You won't change her mind." He muttered looking at the golden hound.

The patrol turned back towards camp as the light brown she-cat nudged the pup to follow them. She picked up Weaselkit and Leaftail picked up Fennelkit and headed back.

The golden pup tilt his head slightly, looking curiously to the cats before yipping and charging after them to catch up. A dog in a clan full of cats? Crowfeather thought silently to him.

I think we finally cracked...