Know You Better

Y'all can skip all this, THERE IS MORE ADDED. I just added the Epilogue to the chapter.

1 • Know You Better

"We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony.

Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you.

Groom, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to her as long as you both shall live?" The preacher asked.

"I do."

"Bride, do you take this man to be your wedded husband? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"What token of your love do you offer? Would you place the rings in my hand?"

Keshuana slowly slid from her mothers lap and handed the pastor two rings, being careful not to drop it. Monie smiled at he three-year-old.

"May these rings be blessed as the symbol of this affectionate unity. These two lives are now joined in one unbroken circle. Wherever they go - may they always return to one another. May these two find in each other the love for which all men and women year. May they grow in understanding and in compassion. May the home which they establish together be such a place that many will find there a friend. May these rings on their fingers symbolize the touch of the spirit of love in their hearts."

Keshuana slowly slid from her mothers lap and handed the pastor two rings, being careful not to drop it. Monie smiled at he three-year-old.

"Montrell, in placing this ring on Mya's finger, repeat after me: Mya, you are now consecrated to me as my wife from this day forward and I give you this ring as the pledge of my love and as the symbol of our unity and with this ring, I thee wed."

Monie slid the ring the pastor handed him on Mya's finger while repeating the words.

"Mya, in placing this ring on Montrell's finger, repeat after me: Montrell, you are now consecrate to me as my husband from this day forward and I give you this ring as the pledge of my love and as the symbol of our unity and with this ring, I thee wed."

Mya looked at Monie, sliding the ring on his while repeating the words.

"May you always share with each other the gifts of love - be one in heart and in mind - may you always create a home together that puts in your hearts - love - generosity and kindness.

In as much as Montrel and Mya have consented together in marriage before this company of friends and family and have pledged their faith - and declared their unity by giving and receiving a ring - are now joined.

You have pronounced yourselves husband and wife but remember to always be each other's best friend.

What - therefore - God has joined together - let no man put asunder.