Erwin x Reader - Nightmares

"Erwin?" (Y/N) called.

"Yes? Are you alright?" Erwin asked. The girl had knocked on the door at midnight and came in with a frightened look on her face. She trembled slightly.

"Can...Can I sleep with you?" she asked. Erwin sat up straighter.

"Oh, of course. What happened?" he asked. (Y/N) walked over to the bed and got in next to him. She laid her head on his shoulder.

"I had a nightmare. It was a bad one," she whimpered. Erwin wrapped his arm around her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked. (Y/N) shifted slightly.

"It was about the last expedition," she whispered.

"Was it about you squad?" he delved.

"Mm-hmm," she answered on the verge of tears.

"It wasn't your fault, Honey. The Female Titan was just...too fast. It had nothing to do with you," he said, trying to calm her down.

"But they're all gone! And I'm still here! Why couldn't it have been m-me..." she started to cry. Erwin held her closer and stroked her hair.

"It's okay. It's okay, Sweetie. Shh, shh..." Erwin whispered. (Y/N) wrapped her arms around his neck. Her tears wet his shirt. He sat up and held her in his lap. 

"Why did they have to leave?" she cried.

"I don't know, baby, I don't know," he said. (Y/N) buried her face in his shoulder and took a shaky breath.

"...I miss them, Erwin. I really do," she said. Erwin kissed the top of her head.

"I know. They miss you to. But they're watching over you now. They're gonna keep you safe, just like I will," he whispered. She looked up at him and smiled softly.

"Thanks, Erwin," she said.

"No problem, Sweetie," he replied, wiping the tears off her face. He kissed her forehead, then both of her cheeks, and then her lips. She giggled.

"How about we go to sleep now?" Erwin suggested, yawning. (Y/N) nodded her head sleepily.

"Alright. Good night, Kitten," Erwin whispered to her. He held her protectively in his strong arms.

"'Night, Erwin. I love you," she replied.

"I love you too," he said. And with that, they both fell asleep with no nightmares.