Insecure - Tyler Scheid Imagine

(A/N; this was an imagine I had in another book that I'm just moving to this one cause I unpublished the other.)

I stretched my arms above my head after I saved my progress on the video I just finished editing for Mark. I got up and walked to Mark's main office to let him know I was finished so I could go home.

"Heya Mark, I finished editing your latest episode of Golf With Friends. Is Tyler still here?" I informed Mark before I asked about my boyfriend.

"Thanks (y/n)! And no he left a while ago. Said he didn't feel too good. You gonna go home and take care of him like the caring little shit you are?" Mark answered me.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow, tell everybody else I said bye!" I nodded and left the office to my car. On the drive home I wondered why Tyler didn't feel good, because this morning when we left for the office he was fine if not better than fine.

I pulled into the driveway and parked next to Tyler's car. I went up to the house and went in after I unlocked the door. I set my stuff on the couch as I passed by it, and headed to the bedroom where I'm sure Tyler was.

"Tyler?" I called out from down the hall before I got to our room. When I got there the door was shut, and when I went to open it I found it was locked.

"Tyler baby, please unlock the door. Mark said you weren't feeling good but I'm beginning to think it's not physical illness." I spoke through the door with a gentle tone. I heard quiet shuffling to the door, and a soft click to indicate it was unlocked. I heard Tyler shuffle away from the door again, and I went in.

I found my boyfriend sitting on the bed with no shirt on looking down at his stomach, more specifically where his scars are. I felt sadness for him creep over me, especially once I noticed the slight redness below his eyes.

"Tyler.." I trailed off and walked to him. I got on my knees in front of him and took his hands in mine. He sniffled quietly.

"Why are you even with me? I'm not even attractive, especially with these ugly scars." A few tears rolled down Tyler's cheeks.

"How could you say that? You're so handsome and I love you for much more than that Ty. You have so much kindness in your heart, and your laugh could cure any illness it's so amazing. And your scars?" I stopped for a moment to lean forward and plant little kisses on each scar on his lower abdomen.
"Your scars make you beautiful too." I finished my spiel and smiled up at Tyler. He let a little smile slip.

"I thought the perfect guy is supposed to say that to the damaged, insecure, girl." Tyler stated.

"Damaged, insecure, guys deserve to hear it from the ones they love just as much as that girl does. Though I don't think you're damaged, just insecure and that's okay because everybody is in one way or another." I replied and Tyler smiled a bit bigger and took one of his hands away to wipe the dampness from his face.

"Thank you (y/n). I still don't feel one hundred percent better about myself but that did help." Tyler told me.

"I don't expect you to be suddenly cured of your insecurity because I said a few kind things that are true. That's completely unrealistic right away, but over time can be achieved. And I know you can get to that point." I stood up and hugged Tyler. He squeezed me in his arms and pulled me down onto the bed into a laying position with him.

"I appreciate you more than you'll ever understand. I love you so much (y/n)." Tyler kissed my cheek hard.

"Now that's something I can understand. I love you just as much Tyler. Now how about we go to the living room, make a pillow and blanket fort and watch movies for the rest of the day?" I suggested and Tyler grinned.

"That sounds perfect."