Why?

You gasped in surprise as the smooth metal slid into your back. Is this really how you're going to die? Murdered in a dirty, dusty alleyway by some messy haired bowlcut freak? Sadly, yes.

You sighed shallowly as your vision darkens and everything blurs. The murderer steps out of the alleyway, a wallet in their hand. Was it yours? You couldn't tell.

You open your eyes. Everything is the same... but it's not?

The world was in black and white, and so were you. The only color you could see was the red orb that dotted your shirt where your heart would be.

"Heya!"

You turn to the voice. A man, clad in a dark, almost bloody, red cloak in front of you. His hair was a bowl-cut, two strands of hair poked out. He had a toothy grin plastered on his face, his red irises almost pierced your soul.

"H-Hi." You say quietly.

"So... you died, huh?" he says, looking at your body.

You awkwardly nodded. Is this a dream? What the hell is going on?

"Damn, that sucks. You were, like, super hot, too." the man compliments, winking at you.

You feel your face redden and look away embarrisingly.

"U-Um.. who are you? Are you Death?.."

"Hmmm... I guess you could say that! But, I prefer to use my real name."

"What's your real name? I-If you don't mind me asking, that is." you say, glancing up.

"Osomatsu! At your service! Now, follow me." Osomatsu says, grabbing your hand, before walking off.

You wordlessly followed Osomatsu. Are you actually dead or is this some sick acid trip? Either way you don't understand.

"Hey, uh Osomatsu?" you ask.

The cloaked man stops and turns to you. "Yes, (Y/N)?"

"Where are we going?" you ask, looking around.

You don't know how long it had been or what direction you were headed, but you're in a forest, somehow. Everything was still black and white, the only colored things being Osomatsu and the red orb.

Osomatsu seemed to falter at your question, before regaining composure. "D-Don't worry about it!" he says, squeezing your hand.

...

You giggled as Osomatsu playfully tackled you. You two had been traveling for a while, causing mischief and just playing around.

You couldn't help but fall for him.

He was flawed, oh so many flaws. But his humor and his perfect laugh, heck, he was also adorable, you just happened to fall in love with the cloaked man.

"Osomatsu, get off!" you giggled, as he laid on your stomach.

"Noooo! You're comfy!" he whined, nuzzling you.

You giggled and pushed him off with a thump.

He had led you to a field, (F/C) flowers dotting the green grass. How did you know they were (F/C)? Osomatsu told you. He told you the color of things after you had told him that mostly everything was monochromatic.

You sat in the grass next to Osomatsu.

"Hey, stay here!" you say, getting up and picking flowers.

He sat in the grass, watching you. He loved you as much as you loved him. But whenever he realized how much, a painful pang hit his heart gently knowing that it'd end eventually.