The Battle Started

Kacey longed for that special someone. That special guy. She was so young waiting for a first feeling of love. And who knew she'd meet that true love online? 

*click* *click*. Kacey had joined an online dating program. She could never find the right guy right here right where she was. As her sequence of clicking began she had created her profile for people to view, everything about her. 

Days had gone by and no one seemed to like her. No one seemed to even notice her. She didn't know what to-*beep* A Message. A boy about her age had messaged her, and she quickly viewed his profile. Her eyebrows raised, this boy sounded like a school jock. And yet, she wanted to chat with him. She opened a tab in the chat and read his message. "Hey Kacey." He sent. *tap tap* "Hello." She responded. From then on they chatted so often that it seemed as if they were in the same place together. 

A few weeks of this, Kacey learned so much about this boy. His name, Francis, his favorite color, his favorite food, she knew everything. One day, Francis brought the question up. "Can we meet up." He asked. *tap tap* "Sure, what's  your school?" "Phoenix Drop High" "I go there too.." "Well..see you then." "Okay" 

That night, Kacey didn't sleep, how had they'd been in the same school without noticing each other? Where did they go that they didn't notice one another? 

The following day, she ran. She was late. She was late for school. Just then she shoved past and popular girl from her school and stumbled foward. "I'm sorry." Aphmau said, Kacey didn't say anything.