Chapter Ten

Hey everybody!

I bet that you missed me :,( Wow, I’m failing at my Sunday update promise, aren’t I? Life has truly been hectic and I’m struggling to stay afloat :/ Can't wait to get the ball rolling again for this story... All of your comments and votes will mean so much to me!

BY THE WAY: Thank you ALL SOOOO MUCH for 10k+ reads!!!!! The read count has jumped so much, and it’s because you, the loyal readers, are awesome and so dedicated <3 love you guys. So sorry that this chapter may not be as perfect as I wanted it haha! I decided that the initial quality can be low so I can jam it full of stuff.

This chapter is dedicated to @readingchocolate because you’ve given me a lot of support <3.

And, finally, onward!

** ** ** ** ** **

CHAPTER TEN

~:December 16th, 2013:~

Behrs bulk hurls into his frozen mother before he can stop himself, and he yelps loudly. Caught off guard, she is bludgeoned to the side and her feet leave the ground. A second later, their bodies land on the carpet, rolling. Wolves dodge out of their path, yowling, and they skid a few feet together- the woman is stuck under Behr's elbow and is struggling. Her eyes are dark, and I flinch back, changing my dominant posture to one more neutral. Behr's cheek grates against the carpet. Spitting, she crawls from underneath him and lifts him to his feet by the scruff of his neck. He curls like a pup beneath her stare, his chin pressed to his chest.

“Hey, Ma, I’m sorry. Didn’t see that you stopped,” Behr says, eyes darting nervously from his mom to me. I send him a concerned look and his mouth twitches. “You see… well, it’s just that...”

"Who is this girl?" Alpha demands.

Behr swallows hard, and his mother drops him to the ground. She leans over him, challenging his stare, and he averts his eyes submissively. She bares her teeth for half a second at her son before leaning back and leaving him to help himself up. Her stare turns back to me and a smug smile forms.

"Alpha bloodline, huh darlin'?" she asks me, and I can't decide whether or not to respond. I lower my gaze and, against every instinct, bare my neck, crouching down. Meanwhile, Behr pulls himself up. The room quiets and settles, clearing space for their female leader. She doesn't stop staring, and Behr looks like he wants to lay a hand on her shoulder. Instead he steps towards me. I am still facing the dirty carpet.

His gait towards me is confident and proud, and I know he wants the others to watch him claim his prize. My hackles raise, but I force myself into a calmer state of mind. No reason to snap at my only way back into sanity. Behr slips his reassuring arm around me and nuzzles my neck, making sure everyone watches as he nips my jawline, hard. I flash my teeth, as is custom, but stay low. The Alpha looks curious now, stepping towards us as the scent of the small bubble of my blood fills the room. I nearly moan as he runs his tongue over the small bite before kissing me on the mouth.

He is gentle and he tastes like my own scent. Happy that he didn't Mark me, like some packs do  upon the first meeting in other countries, I eagerly giving him a pressure of my own. I pull back at the same time he does and his mother is close to me now.