Why?

I sat in my room, my computer closed on my lap. Why? What have I just done. I had just confessed to him, why did I do that? My phone made a typewriter noise I looked at it and saw a text.

'Gaby': hey Maddeyi what's up? did you use my plan 2 tell him?

I looked at this text for a few seconds and quickly answered.

'Maddeyi': yeah, and I'm going to explode, I panicked... Again.

I set my phone to 'do not disturb' I wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody right now. I set my computer on my desk, plugging it in to charge. I sat down in my red desk chair and spun around, closing my eyes as I did so. Shawn I've liked him ever since he came to my school, on my way home he would walk behind me and I'd panic more than necessary. Bringing my legs up to my knees, slowly bringing up the courage to open that computer screen, read what he had answered. After five minuets I did it and he had typed nothing back to me, looking at my wifi realizing that it had glitched out. "Ugggg." I said aloud, typing the long password in. My phone rang. "Dammit, do not disturb never works." I mumbled looking at the contact. 'Shawn' I read covering my mouth, staring at it until it disappeared. I quickly called him back.

"Hello." Shawn said.

"Hey... It's Maddeyi, sorry I didn't pick up in time." I said nervousness still clinging to my voice.

"Oh...yeah...about what you told me...um...I-" he began I quickly pressed the end call button, not ready to hear what he said. Even if he said that he does like me as well, I still have no interest in hearing that. My phone vibrated in my hand.

'Gaby': Maddeyi!? Are you okay, has he answered you!?

I thought that this was something I needed to say with my voice. I called Gaby. "My wifi, glitched, then he called and he begun and...and I panicked again... And.... And... I.... Hung up on him." I started rambling the second she picked up the phone not waiting to hear a 'hello'.

"It's going to be fine, he'll tell you at school tomorrow." She said trying to be comforting.

"But that's the problem, I don't want to know, I want... I don't know what I want anymore... I still like him and stuff... But my confession was really out of the blue... And he probably likes somebody else." I rambled again, slamming my hand down on the desk.

"Calm down Maddeyi, we don't have any real classes tomorrow because of finals, I'll stay with you... Okay?" She said, her voice hinting me to try and stay my usual giddy self.

"Okay...thanks your the greatest friend I could have asked for." I said a smile forming on my face. I hung up realizing that my hand was bleeding, I sighed and went into the bathroom. After I had put a large band-aid on it ran into my room, hoping that my older brothers hadn't seen me.

*end of chapter 1*