Chapter 2

Present Day

"So what happened after you found Nora?" Eli tapped his pen on his notebook, "What were the two red glowing orbs Emery?"

"I... I," I chocked. "I don't know."

He leaned closer to me, dropping his notebook in the floor, "Yes you do."

His cold blue eyes locked into my brown ones as he waited for his answer, the answer I couldn't give the police, my parents, or even myself.

"Werewolves," I whispered.

12 Years Ago

The pair of red orbs revealed its self. It was a man, maybe in his late thirties with a bit of stubble on his chisled face. He smiled at us for a brief moment and began slowly walking towards us, his red eyes illuminating more with each step.

More glowing orbs began to pop out from different places in the forest. Some were young men and some were old. There were no women though. The first man with red eyes grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Nora whom I was still trying to help. Nora fell back to the ground with another sicking sound when I heard her scream I knew she had hurt her leg even more.

A younger looking man with dark black hair and sharp features jumped down to the hole where Nora was at and scooped her up in his arms. He gave me a sickling looking smile as his nose grazed Nora's neck.

"Mine," he growled.

The others cheered and howled and the black haired man climbed out of the hole with Nora still in his arms.

Nora shared the same look as I: fear. What did 'mine' mean? What are these mysterious men planning? Why are their eyes red?

I gulped as older man started dragging me along with the others. I was about to get my answers, answers that I really didn't want.