Today My Life Begins

This is my first story on Watt Pad, so I hope you guys enjoy it. Please feel free to make comments on what should happen next or suggestions.

Chapter 1part 1

Raina's POV

Wow, this movie couldn't get any worse, I thought. I was watching Star stuck, and so far I felt like hitting the main character. She was being a total jerk to the guy. Why does Disney always have to come up with movies like this? Some times I wondered what was wrong with my life. I wasn't a loser, but I sure felt like it. If only a falling star or something would fall and grant me wish. Gosh, if a star did fall it would wipe out the whole town.

"Come on Ray, it's time to go to work." yelled my dad

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a job, so I ended up having to work as an intern for my dad. This day couldn't get any worse.

I ran down stairs and tripped over my brother's football bag.

"Kadren, get your junk up off the floor!" I screamed almost on the verge of choking my brother.

Kadren walked from the kitchen with a piece of toast in his hand. On his shirt, he had a bunch of crumbs and a stain that looked like some strawberry jelly. I don't understand how a seventeen year old boy could still manage to waste jelly on his shirt. If he didn't have a rapping gig at a club for teens, he wouldn't have a single shirt 'cause mom only spent so much on us. Since he was a rapper, it was natural that every girl fell for him. He had caramel colored skin, a six pack ( which he constantly liked to remind her of), a nice smile, and little dimples. It did get on my nerves that every time we went somewhere, girls came up and flirted with my brother.

"I ain't got to move no stuff." Kadren yelled

As soon as then word Ain't came out of my brother's mouth, mom came around the corner.

"We do not use the word ain't in this house, and wipe your shirt off. You look like a little kid with all that mess on your shirt." mom then walked out and returned to her laptop.

"Man, she always be doggin on me. She be trippin'. Oh Ray, I'm gonna pick you up later at 3 o'clock. You better hurry up, I think dad is honkin for your outside." Kadren then came and tried to give me a hug bye.

" Wow, slow down, I can't afford to go to work with crumbs and jelly on my clothes. I have places to be." and with that I ran out the door and got in the car with my dad.

"Hey, are you ready to have some fun today?" Dad asked. I rolled my eyes and put in my ear buds.

After half an our on the interstate, we finally made it to work.

When we arrived to work, we were greeted by a lady with way to much make up on, and a too tight shirt. Sometimes, I wonder if this lady owned a mirror.

"Come on sweety, it's time to get to work." dad said. He then dragged me to his office while stopping to greet anyone within a couple of meters. Since he worked at a company that made energy drinks, he always had a supply of them, which is the only reason he would be so happy so early in the morning. I have seen him off his energy drink, and it wasn't pretty. It was some nock off brand of monster called Energy Jack. Whoever came up with that name must have been off his meds.

As we walked, I popped inn my ear buds.I clicked on my play list and played Bruno Mars.

The chorus of Natalie then came on.

Natalie, she ran away with all my money

And she did it for fun