C u a r t o

Damn it.

It was getting late, you were stuck in your college classroom. The cake was taking forever to bake despite countless mistake made from your group. Correction, the two people you were working were nothing but a disaster. One of the want to do all the work while the other tries to make idiotic excuses or pretend to be hurt or not strong enough. It quite offended you a lot, though, you keep trying to keep on with patient. And less of trouble no matter how much you want to strangle their neck. Or worse, dunk dough of the cake in their throat to watch them choke on it. Plus you would lose extra credits to pass the class; for any disrespect or not helping the group. It was pain in the ass and you made promises for Atem to meet him up after college. Unknown where to go but you hopefully this cake finish off baking and to decorate the next day. If the plan goes well.

Whatever it takes but you fear to disappoint Atem for not making on time. You fear that he might cause a fight but no. You know him, you know your boyfriend very well. He is a type of person to have patient and knows when to wait. You blame it on a cake and your group for nothing a good shitty job. That is a good to blame but also a good explanation about arriving late.

Ping!

That was music to your ear, the cake is done. You can actually leave right now. The decor can wait for next week or next day that is. Your pastry teacher withdrew the cake from the oven and then gesture for you to leave. He'll be in charge over your cake; well it was practically part of your job to put the cake in the correct place for the next day to decorate it with frosting and some outstanding design. But it also means stand below from an AC due you have such dedication hand. According to your professor -

"(y/n)!"

You followed by the sound of your name, in your sight; stand a familiar faces.

"Atem!" Certain he isn't allowed to enter the classroom without asking the professor. As he approach, you weren't sure how. "You're not allow to get in?"

"Hm? Class is over; what about it?"

Hopeless as he is, you decide it was for the best to drop it off. Slip your backpack into your shoulder and without a word, you follow Atem outside from your classroom. Without any conversation, Atem slips his hand into your hand. He held gently, giving a gentle squeeze to bring you back. You weren't exactly zoning out, just wondering how would you finish that exam.

"You seem quiet, is there something wrong?" He asks, worrying about your situation.

You sigh. "Just the exam, I know you wanted me to be there early. It just-" You groaned out of frustration. "Those classmate I have are pain in the ass."

Atem responded by giving a half smile at you. "I believe you, you're doing it great."

"But-"

"No butts, come on. We have the rest afternoon for us no?" He pointed out.

You smiled back at him. "Yes, we do."

[ I have tried to make it longer but hey, writer block sucks 😒 ]