Chapter 1: Matches

It was a dark evening,I was walking to the store as the cold water rained from the dark gray clouds above. My clothes{a} now soaked, I walked into the little market to get some matches for my broken stove. I searched the aisles to find the small box of matches, humming along to the song that was playing quietly throughout the small store.
Finally finding them I picked up the tiny box putting it in the small worthless shopping basket. I looked casually at the rest of the store seeing only the employee at the cash register, flipping through a magazine. I took this opportunity grabbing another tiny box putting it in the pocket hidden inside of my jacket.
I quietly walked through the rest of the store acting like I had the intention of "buying" anything else. I was just about to finish walking through the last aisle when food caught my eye. Top ramen. I was so hungry, I hadn't eaten since Tuesday morning, it now being Thursday evening.I was starving to say the least. I put a single pack into the basket. I pulled out what little money I had, only having two dollars and my stomach growling,practically begging me to get a second package. Hesitating I grabbed the second package. Switching places with the second pack of matches. I placed the matches into the basket, walking up to the still distracted man. Clearing my throat I waited for him to finally notice me, swiftly hiding the magazine like I did not just notice he was clearly reading a playboy magazine while on the job.
I put the three items that I was buying on the counter as he went to ring them up.
Ding-dong!
The store door rang, indicating another customer had walked in. I looked at the man who had walked in. I thought nothing of it until I noticed that he was staring at me. Not looking in my direction, but direct eye contact with me as he began walking around the store suspiciously.
"Miss."
I turned my attention back towards the man at the cash register .
"That will be two dollars Miss." I nodded giving him what was left of my money.
  After finishing paying for the items I bought I quickly sneaked to the back of the store to use the back door as an escape from both the creepy guy and from the stolen item detector. Making sure no one saw I quitely shut the door that led to a back alley. Pulling up the hood of my jacket I began to walk towards home in the shadows.
___________________________
After about a ten minute walk I finally made it back to my grandparents old abandoned house unnoticed. I silently walked to the back climbing the fence that was to keep the community out of the run down building. Slipping quietly through the tarp that is used as a door I walked to the atrium where my now perfectly filled pot of rain water is. I picked it up bringing it into the kitchen, placing it on the old ashy counter. I walked out of the kitchen and turned right into the hallway, opening what's left of a cabinet door. I grabbed several twigs and walked back into the kitchen. I arranged the twigs around the not useable burner. Striking a match I tossed the flame lit match on to the twigs, then put the pot of water on the flame. Now all I have to do is wait.
After what felt like years, when really it's only been almost an hour for the water to boil. I put in a package of top ramen into the water then left the room to go change into the pajamas{b} that my brother had bought me before he passed away Tuesday morning.
Sighing at the bitter sweet memories of me and my brother Eric. I never thought he would be out of my life so soon. Remembering the food on the stove, I quickly walked in blowing out the flame. I drained the noodles and put the flavore packet in, mixing it well.

Eating silently  and alone watching the rain fall down from the beautifully dark clouds. A few hours go by. The time is unknown from lack of clocks. I finally decided it would be a good time to rest. I put the pot on the counter, grabbing the matches on my way out of the kitchen. I went back into the hallway to get some more twigs for a fire. I picked up several stones and arranged them in a circle on the cold concrete floor. Several attempts later I was finally able to get the twigs to stand up the way I wanted. Striking a match and tossing it on to the tower of twigs I grabbed my jacket and placed it on my torso as a blanket. Drifting off I began to relieve my old life both good and bad memories.
___________________________
A/n: hey I just want to thank you for reading this it means a lot to me, please let me know what you think. The story does get better by the way. (At chapter 3 it officially gets better I promise)And I made some outfits for her so that's was the letter in { } were for.
{a}

https://www

https://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=20651360&.svc=copypaste&id=213164618
{b}

svc=copypaste&id=213164618{b}

https://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=20651360&.svc=copypaste&id=213256594